Mitose

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OK Dennis, how can you post to every thread, every response so fast? Do you have to replace keyboards, or do you have multiple computers networked to your DSL or Cable modem?

Whew, I can't keep up.
-Michael

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Michael Billings

OK Dennis, how can you post to every thread, every response so fast? Do you have to replace keyboards, or do you have multiple computers networked to your DSL or Cable modem?

Whew, I can't keep up.
-Michael

He scours everything we all put up, plus, he has "Inside" help on this forum. :soapbox:

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
... I do not have to have him as part of my old NCKKA lineage, since I have been doing EPAK for so many years?

If you don't have to, then I don't either!!!!!

Yea!!
-Michael
UKS-Texas

G

GouRonin

Originally posted by Kirk
New Addition To The Tracy's Site:
http://www.tracyskarate.com/mitose-trans/trial_transcrip_.htm

Ok, WTF is this? Seriously. First of all. Does Al Tracy not have a spell or grammar check? It's one thing to post things to a discussion board but come on, on your webpage? That is what people think of you when they see it. I count numerous grammatical errors. It just looks bad.

If you look beyond that though what the heck is he doing? This whole issue of Mitose and Chow is getting wilder and wilder by the claim and people who were not there have no other option to listen to really anything.

It's just getting out of control.
:soapbox:

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by Michael Billings
... I do not have to have him as part of my old NCKKA lineage, since I have been doing EPAK for so many years?
If you don't have to, then I don't either!!!!!
Yea!!
-Michael
UKS-Texas

I never did, since talking with Mr. Parker several times on the issue. I corrected my lineage immediately!

:asian:

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
How does one correct his/her image Dennis? Mitose is either a part of your lineage or not. Regardless of what Al may or may not be trying to do (who knows)... If he is not a part of your lineage, then it follows that he is not part of my lineage ...

I hope !!! <gulp> ...

Dan

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
like I always have said (Life began with Ed Parker!)....... prior to studying with Mr. Parker Mitose was taught to be part of our lineage. After I talked to Mr. Parker, I immediately dropped him, since the man (SGM Parker) told me his take. He studied with Chow....... Chow learned from his father and "worked out" with many in the islands. He was a known fighter and feared person (Chow), Mitose was a known con and eventually murderer that has a long record)! All documented. So this new stuff coming out doesn't surprise me at all. Lol

So, Chow taught Parker and promoted him to Black and gave him what he had. Mr. Parker wanted to bring him over here and help him with a chain of studios at which time, (Chow) told (Parker) to go ahead and do what you want you have my blessings. Parker did just that.
Of course he worked out with several in China Town and anywhere else (LA Japanese Styles - to Jhoon Rhee's guys like Allen Steen in Texas to Robert A. Trias in Phoenix) he could so he could analyze or compare knowledge to that of what he had..... fortunately he "ran into" several different individuals (Al Tracy, James Wing Woo, Ark Wong, Bruce Lee, Trias, Tom Connor, LaBounty, Kelly, Planas, Sullivan, Ibroa, Gow, and many, many others) that played different yet "important parts" in our history.

As students started to break off and do their "own thing" you must remember that all of them .......... I mean ALL OF THEM were Black Belts and skilled in Ed Parker's teachings regardless of what he called his art at that time! So, having said that..... Tracy broke away and started his thing but "clearly" he used material (even if he changed some of the names) that Ed Parker had provided the root idea and foundation for.

Ed Parker (yes, with the help of students and friends and his own BRAIN that used logic to pull together a strong curriculum for what he was taught by Chow, came up with the numbered Forms and sets, basics, several different drills, and any other material that is/or should be credited to him and his system alone (the 32, 24, & 16 tech. curriculums, Web of knowledge, 8 considerations, Universal Pattern, all the forms and sets, the analytical study of motion, the 3 points of view, three divisions of the art, Master Keys, specific terminology, the largest and longest running tournaments in the US. etc., etc., etc..

Mitose nor Chow neither used any of this material, (sure some similarities) are obviously generic for every system. But all the other people that broke away from Ed Parker that use any of this material came under his supervision at one time thus making the Art as we teach it today ..........Start with ED PARKER ("NOT" Mitose), and very little by Chow.

Many of the so called "differences" between any of these "Break Aways" were more than likely due to the lack of NEW knowledge, so the only thing that they had is what they left with! They kept close watch on and even changed some things to make it "appear" as if it were their creation ...... but ED PARKER kept improving and adding elements to his LIVE and evolving SYSTEM! So when these break aways "don't know of" or have "never seen" or can't explain in great detail, any of this what they call "new Material" the reason is that there was no pipeline of updates to those who left and simply........ THEY DON'T KNOW ANY OF IT!!!!!!!! With the current technology of today however, many are realizing that they are missing components to their Art.

Even though many have done "very well" and survived on just the Physical and Toughness end of the Art (which is admirable and a trait of many of the early Seniors) due to the lack of information at that time. Most can't explain the architecture of the System since they never learned any of it as well as the newer generations of Ed Parkers Black Belts such as Skip Hancock, Paul Mills, Brian Hawkins, myself and a very few others.

There you have it. (once again) heee hee:rofl:

C

Chiduce

Tracy claims the Mitose Lineage Of Yoshida himself. So, there has to be another reason for posting the documents. Probably shedding some truth to the question of whether Mitose was a spy or not. Sincerely, In Humility; Chiduce!

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chiduce
Tracy claims the Mitose Lineage Of Yoshida himself. So, there has to be another reason for posting the documents. Probably shedding some truth to the question of whether Mitose was a spy or not. Sincerely, In Humility; Chiduce!

Right, but....... Spy or not, "con and criminal" he was, and no documented truth as to being a part of our lineage.

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Goldendragon7

like I always have said (Life began with Ed Parker!)....... prior to studying with Mr. Parker Mitose was taught to be part of our lineage. After I talked to Mr. Parker, I immediately dropped him, since the man (SGM Parker) told me his take. He studied with Chow....... Chow learned from his father and "worked out" with many in the islands. He was a known fighter and feared person (Chow), Mitose was a known con and eventually murderer that has a long record)! All documented. So this new stuff coming out doesn't surprise me at all. Lol

So, Chow taught Parker and promoted him to Black and gave him what he had. Mr. Parker wanted to bring him over here and help him with a chain of studios at which time, (Chow) told (Parker) to go ahead and do what you want you have my blessings. Parker did just that.
Of course he worked out with several in China Town and anywhere else (LA Japanese Styles - to Jhoon Rhee's guys like Allen Steen in Texas to Robert A. Trias in Phoenix) he could so he could analyze or compare knowledge to that of what he had..... fortunately he "ran into" several different individuals (Al Tracy, James Wing Woo, Ark Wong, Bruce Lee, Trias, Tom Connor, LaBounty, Kelly, Planas, Sullivan, Ibroa, Gow, and many, many others) that played different yet "important parts" in our history.

As students started to break off and do their "own thing" you must remember that all of them .......... I mean ALL OF THEM were Black Belts and skilled in Ed Parker's teachings regardless of what he called his art at that time! So, having said that..... Tracy broke away and started his thing but "clearly" he used material (even if he changed some of the names) that Ed Parker had provided the root idea and foundation for.

Ed Parker (yes, with the help of students and friends and his own BRAIN that used logic to pull together a strong curriculum for what he was taught by Chow, came up with the numbered Forms and sets, basics, several different drills, and any other material that is/or should be credited to him and his system alone (the 32, 24, & 16 tech. curriculums, Web of knowledge, 8 considerations, Universal Pattern, all the forms and sets, the analytical study of motion, the 3 points of view, three divisions of the art, Master Keys, specific terminology, the largest and longest running tournaments in the US. etc., etc., etc..

Mitose nor Chow neither used any of this material, (sure some similarities) are obviously generic for every system. But all the other people that broke away from Ed Parker that use any of this material came under his supervision at one time thus making the Art as we teach it today ..........Start with ED PARKER ("NOT" Mitose), and very little by Chow.

Many of the so called "differences" between any of these "Break Aways" were more than likely due to the lack of NEW knowledge, so the only thing that they had is what they left with! They kept close watch on and even changed some things to make it "appear" as if it were their creation ...... but ED PARKER kept improving and adding elements to his LIVE and evolving SYSTEM! So when these break aways "don't know of" or have "never seen" or can't explain in great detail, any of this what they call "new Material" the reason is that there was no pipeline of updates to those who left and simply........ THEY DON'T KNOW ANY OF IT!!!!!!!! With the current technology of today however, many are realizing that they are missing components to their Art.

Even though many have done "very well" and survived on just the Physical and Toughness end of the Art (which is admirable and a trait of many of the early Seniors) due to the lack of information at that time. Most can't explain the architecture of the System since they never learned any of it as well as the newer generations of Ed Parkers Black Belts such as Skip Hancock, Paul Mills, Brian Hawkins, myself and a very few others.

There you have it. (once again) heee hee:rofl:

Well, it seems my "Lineage" now includes:

Mitose
Al Tracy
Dennis Conatser(Do I have a choice?)If I choose NO,I die. if I say YES, I get to live!:eek:

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Dennis,

Must have been a slow night last night! :lol: :lol: :lol:

All I was looking for is the pat where Parker said that Mitose didn't teach much, if anything in the lineage. :rofl:

I suspect that we will never know the complete truth of Mitose's involvement in the "Pre-EPAK" art. I think that both sides of the discussion put forth the facts as they fit their particular version of history.

Seriously, it doesn't really matter. There have been other folks in Kenpo, both AK and Tracy's, who have been less than stellar. It still boils down to a great method of fighting and self defense.

Saintly Uncle Dan

Latest Discussions