"Million Dollar Baby"

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I finally saw "Million Dollar Baby" the other day on DVD. I thought the acting, storyline and atmosphere were incredible. Hilary Swank did an incredible job as the struggling boxer who begs Frankie Dunn (Clint Eastwood) to train her. Morgan Freeman was exceptional as well as Eastwood's gym facility manager. My favorite part was when the aging boxer played by Freeman took on a young punk for real (won't tell you who won as it would be a spoiler).

What did the rest of you think of this movie? I think it did a great job at demonstrating the great dividing line between amateur and serious professional contendor.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I for one thought the movie was a great. The acting was super and the plot was easy and real like to me anyway.
Terry

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I thought it was excellent. Very well done. Fantastic casting and plot. I bought the DVD after renting it. I've already watched it a couple times.

Ping898

Senior Master
Reaction score
I liked it alot and thought it was really well done, but have to admit I didn't think it was like the greatest thing out tere likr all the hype seemed to say

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
I definitely liked the movie. The ending, not so much.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I thought it was interesting. Most of Eastwood's movies involve some kind of self-examination and realignment.

Eldritch Knight

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Brilliant movie, with way too many good points to mention. However, I still think Hotel Rwanda should've taken home the best picture Oscar.

Cyber Ninja

Green Belt
Reaction score
I stayed away from this movie for a long time. Finally watched it on HBO the other day. I must admit, it was a good movie.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
JMD said:
I stayed away from this movie for a long time. Finally watched it on HBO the other day. I must admit, it was a good movie.

me too, except it was "Movie Central" I caught it on. Really good movie

kenpo0324

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I thought it was excellent movie. Very well done. Fantastic casting and plot.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jonathan Randall said:
I finally saw "Million Dollar Baby" the other day on DVD. I thought the acting, storyline and atmosphere were incredible

Same here..

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was particularly pleased with Eastwood's performance in this film. Yes, he's played a lot of crusty characters, but this performance had a bit of a different element to it, it seemed more genuine. I was expecting a character along the lines of Rocky's Mick and though there were parallels, I still see that performance as unique.

Hillary swank didn't disappoint, either. Thought-provoking, imo.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm set up to tape it on HBO and am looking forward to finally seeing it. Alas, a newspaper article has spoiled any hope of a surpise for me.

Latest Discussions