Mike Cappi, In Lansdale, Pa

J

Jas0n

I am thiking about starting Kenpo....
This is the local place. ANyone know anything about him?
I am really interested in getting into this but I dont want to get ripped of it is $75 a month.

Please any help would be greatly appreciated

OP
G

GouRonin

I've been to Mike Cappi's a few times. Seems like an ok place to me and Cappi is in Huk Planas' lineage and you couldn't ask for a better lineage to be in.

OP
W

WilliamTLear

Originally posted by Goldendragon7
Is that so.....??????!!!!!!

:shrug:

It is possible that Gou thinks many lineages are good, but none of the many that are out there right now are better than HUK's. I would agree. What kind of yard stick are you measuring with?

Sincerely,
Billy Lear, UKS

OP
K

Kenpomachine

Originally posted by WilliamTLear
It is possible that Gou thinks many lineages are good, but none of the many that are out there right now are better than HUK's. I would agree. What kind of yard stick are you measuring with?

His stick of course ;)

D_Brady

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I have known mike cappi for 6 years and I have been to his school over 12 times. I got to know him and his family, his a good man, good teacher and a good martial artist.

Respectfully, Dan Brady.

OP
J

Jas0n

Thanks fr the info guys I hope GoldenDragon7 isnt right...
I am a bit nervious about this I want to earn my belts and become good at the art not just have a pretty belt..

True2Kenpo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Jason,

I saw your post and just wanted to let you know you have found a very good Kenpo school! I have been to Mr. Cappi's several times and still keep in touch with him and he has a lot of knowledge to offer to his students!

I hope you do take on this great opportunity! I wish you the best in your training and welcome you to the Kenpo Community!

Good journey.

Respectfully,
Joshua Ryer
UPK Pittsburgh

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jas0n
Thanks fr the info guys I hope GoldenDragon7 isnt right...
I am a bit nervious about this I want to earn my belts and become good at the art not just have a pretty belt..

Wait a minute Jason! Your comment........ "I hope GoldenDragon7 isn't right" .......... doesn't mean that you are making a bad choice!! Although I do not know Mike Cappi personally but I "have" heard many positive comments from several people. I would say that you made a good choice regardless of the investment.

I was actually commenting on Gou's comment about "Huk Planas' lineage and you couldn't ask for a better lineage to be in." While this is definitely a valid & legitimate lineage to belong to.... I feel that there are also others that are just as strong if not stronger in Kenpo. But it in "no way" is a disrespectful comment towards Huk or any of his lineage.

Please do not read into any of my comments inaccurate assumptions or presumed feelings, this type of interpretations causes many hard feelings and problems on forums. If you are not sure as to what someone posts ..... please ask for clarification.

Thanks and get to stydying!!

:asian:

OP
J

Jas0n

Originally posted by Goldendragon7
Wait a minute Jason! Your comment........ "I hope GoldenDragon7 isn't right" .......... doesn't mean that you are making a bad choice!! Although I do not know Mike Cappi personally but I "have" heard many positive comments from several people. I would say that you made a good choice regardless of the investment.

I was actually commenting on Gou's comment about "Huk Planas' lineage and you couldn't ask for a better lineage to be in." While this is definitely a valid & legitimate lineage to belong to.... I feel that there are also others that are just as strong if not stronger in Kenpo. But it in "no way" is a disrespectful comment towards Huk or any of his lineage.

Please do not read into any of my comments inaccurate assumptions or presumed feelings, this type of interpretations causes many hard feelings and problems on forums. If you are not sure as to what someone posts ..... please ask for clarification.

Thanks and get to stydying!!

:asian:
I dont hold grudges unless I am directly flamed. I am a part of many other boards on the internet and I Moderate on a Sport Bike site www.cycleforums.com
I know what the internet forums are about and I appologize if I mistook your post.;)

OP
G

GouRonin

I swear to G*d that some days you just can't catch a break.

When I said that you can't ask for a better lineage to be in I was referring to the fact that Huk was very good at the art and that he'd be doing well to be learning from a teacher who has Huk as his teacher.

That was it. My comment was not meant to put down anyone else.

Of course someone has to think that I am putting other people down. I don't need to put other people down to say that someone is good.

Of course there are other lineages that are strong and good but we weren't talking about them were we? The question posed was what is Cappi's like? Cappi's is a good place. Cappi learns from Huk. Huk is a good teacher.

Billy, thank you for seeing that post for what it was. Just confirming that Cappi's is a good place, (I feel that I can say that as I have been there quite a few times) and that the style of Kenpo they do is also a pretty darn solid one and that it was not meant to put down anyone.

I'd like to say this in closing...maybe you heard it before...

GoldenDragon said

OP
J

Jas0n

Originally posted by GouRonin
Just confirming that Cappi's is a good place, (I feel that I can say that as I have been there quite a few times) and that the style of Kenpo they do is also a pretty darn solid one
Hey What style do they teach? I dont know much about it they seem to incorperate other things besides just Ed Parker's American Kenpo?

OP
G

GouRonin

As far as I know they teach Ed Parker's American Kenpo under the guidence of Richard "Huk" Planas.

I think I was present when Mike got his 3rd and 4th degrees at different camps.

Mike is pretty open and easy to approach. I would call him and ask as many questions as you want and I am sure he will have answers.

Here's to hoping you have fun at the new school and start something that will last for a lifetime for you.

jaybacca72

Blue Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
i have been to many of cappis camps and stayed with him and even rolled on his harley.he knows his kenpo and is a very good instructor and i consider him my friend.when i go to his camp i drive about 12hrs one way(from CANADA).
he has a good solid curriculum in PARKER kenpo and i think his kids still do some tracy moves and forms as well,that might be some of the differences you were referring to.
he is one of my kenpo bros for sure.
later
jay:asian:

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've heard nothing but good things about the man and I don't think you will go wrong here. Let us know how your first class went.

OP
J

Jas0n

Originally posted by jfarnsworth
I've heard nothing but good things about the man and I don't think you will go wrong here. Let us know how your first class went.
Tonight was Great! I want to thank you all for your help on here. I am a little sore, it was a good work out and I feel I really soaked up the blocks and kick combos taught. Mike is a very down to earth humble guy.
I will be back tomorrow. :)

OP
L

lonekimono

HEY MIKE IS A GREAT GUY ,TELL HIM GEORGE ELMER SAID HELLO

DENNIS IF YOU READ THIS I LOST YOUR PHONE # CALL ME PLEASE.
YOURS IN KENPO:confused:
YOU DO THE MATH

Latest Discussions