Mayor of San Fran cost Kerry election?

M

Melissa426

Interesting commentary on the election last night.
It was on Fox, but they were reporting someone else's opinion, but I can't remember who.

Apparently , this person blamed Kerry's loss on the mayor of San Francisco who last year began performing or allowing gay marriages, in spite of the fact that it was, and is, illegal.
If the mayor had not started this "trend," many voters who otherwise would have remained blissfully ignorant or apathetic towards the election decided to wake up, pay attention and vote.
Hmmm....

I don't understand how someone can base his or her choice on a "single issue" and not be looking at the big picture (whether Democrat or Republican ).

Peace,
Melissa

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't understand how someone can base his or her choice on a "single issue" and not be looking at the big picture (whether Democrat or Republican ).
For some people, that one issue is just too significant. Obviously, you aren't gay. But if you were, I bet gay marriage would have been a huge issue for you. It would be more important to you than any of the other hot button issues that were being addressed.

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
At least one of my Gay friends (or more properly, lesbian) agrees with me that it was a bad move made way too soon. One doesn't push "in your face" politics unless one is moving from a position of power.

Regards,

Steve

OP
P

PeachMonkey

hardheadjarhead said:
One doesn't push "in your face" politics unless one is moving from a position of power.

Tell that to Dr. King... or Ghandi-ji.

Latest Discussions