Mats for home training?

M

Mark Weiser

I get mats from Asain World of Martial Arts. With a wholesale account I get a decent 40" x 40" mat for only $15.95 each.

P

Patrick Skerry

Are these mats designed for grappling or for throws?

Mark Weiser said:
I get mats from Asain World of Martial Arts. With a wholesale account I get a decent 40" x 40" mat for only $15.95 each.

M

Mark Weiser

Well considering my weight lol. The mats are good and in good shape. They a little under one inch in width. They are two colors and interlock with each other to make them useful for making bigger mats.

gmunoz

Purple Belt
Reaction score
A 40X40 mat for $15.95? My gosh! Tell us where? Please! A phone number or web addy would be great.

M

Mark Weiser

You have to open a wholesale account to get the wholesale price.

Here is the website.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Patrick Skerry

Hi Mark,

Wow, those mats look kinda thin for sustained ukemi? But they look like decent grappling or high school wrestling mats.

Thanks!
Mark Weiser said:
You have to open a wholesale account to get the wholesale price.

Here is the website.

Last edited by a moderator:

davidg553

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Patrick Skerry said:
Hi Mark,

Wow, those mats look kinda thin for sustained ukemi? But they look like decent grappling or high school wrestling mats.

Thanks!
Patrick,

I have these mats at home in my basement in direct contact with the concrete floor. They aren't as nice as having expensive tatami but they do the trick. So far no injuries or complaints though I can't say they are the most comfortable when one is thrown hard onto them.

The only downside to getting the mats from AWAM is that you need to tack on about $5 each for shipping. Also, these mats (at least in parts of NY) don't meet the firecode if you want to use them in a business.

iron_ox

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hello all,

A good mat for both home and school is manufactured by Crown Gym Mats in Barrington, IL

They make wrestling mats for use around the country. Many good sizes for home use. I buy 6'x12' they are 2" thick and will take almost any fall.

D

dosandojang

E-mail or PM me, and I will let you use my School Instructor/Owner's Discount at

Golden Tiger!
20% Off!

Latest Discussions