MartialTalk SummerCamp 2004

Rob Broad

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This is an event I definitely want to attend. It has been a yr since I have attended a camp, and roughly that long since I have seen the Renegade. I am looking forward to this event.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Looking forward to meeting ya finally. :)

And everyone else that can make it too. Its gonna be fun! :)

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How many peregistered, do we know?
Grimfang and I are planning on being there. I'm trying to figure out which hotle at this time.
How far from the amtrack station is the school and the hotel? Getting a plane to Buffalo from here seems to be a mess (but Im still looking).

ARNIS PRINCESS

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
tshadowchaser said:
How many peregistered, do we know?
Grimfang and I are planning on being there. I'm trying to figure out which hotle at this time.
How far from the amtrack station is the school and the hotel? Getting a plane to Buffalo from here seems to be a mess (but Im still looking).

It is about ten minutes from the amtrac station. The hotel is 2 mile from the school. We have around 10 people preregistered at the moment. The early reg is in July so I expect to see more then.

Datu Hartman can fill us in later on the exact number.
:asian:

ARNIS PRINCESS

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Once you get into Buffalo there are several of us that can help you with transportation.
:asian:

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thank you.
If we come by amtrack we will not be getting into town untill around 1 pm on thursday and we don't want to impose on anyone at that time of night. We can take a taxi to the hotel (I presume you do have taxie's up there)
I'll know more by tomorrow on our mode of transportation .

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I assume we'll be getting a report of the outcomes? It would be nice to get a review posted on this for those of us too disadvantaged to attend.:lurk:

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
4 days to pre registar. I got mine in already :boing2:
Ok folks its not to late. This should be a good get togeather
Hope you can make it

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm at the camp. So far, we're having a blast!

:)

Rob Broad

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I hope everyone has a good time at the camp. If my shoulder wasn't so messed up right now I'd be there. How many people are attending the event?

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I didn't do a count, but it looked to be around 20ish? at the banquet. It was a good first camp, and next years is already being planned. :) Pics are on Tims camera, so soon as I can get back to the school to process them I'll post a few up here. There'll also be more in the magazine which I expect to have ready by next weekend.

I'd like to thank Tim, Hutch and Joe for teaching some wonderful sessions, and everyone for attending.

I had the chance to spend some time with Tshadowchaser and his son. Thank you both for making the trip in from Mass.

Several announcements were made, including the formation of MT's own hall of Fame.

2003 inductees were selected based on their activity in the martial arts, and their support of MartialTalk. We will be mailing the certificates to those who weren't able to attend this years camp. The 2004 nominations will be selected in January, and awarded at the next Buffalo MT camp.

2003 inductees:
FMA person of the year : Tim Hartman
Kenpo person of the year: Ron Chapel
MT Ambasador of the year: Jeff Leader
Martial artist of the Year: Rich Parsons
Competator of the Year: Primo Luciano (ace)
Organization of the year: WMAA
Humanitarian of the Year: Tim Hartman & Rich Parsons
KMA person of the year: Steve Scott (hardhead jarhead)

Some of the information used to make these determinations was from what is listed in peoples profiles. Please, fill out the optional information in there on your arts, organizations, etc.

Thank you again everyone for supporting MT and coming out to the camp. We'll see y'all at the next one. :)

Rob Broad said:
I hope everyone has a good time at the camp. If my shoulder wasn't so messed up right now I'd be there. How many people are attending the event?

Rob Broad

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sounds like a good event. I am sorry I missed it, but when the shoulder is acting up it is very hard to train so it would have meant spending a lot of money to sit around and do nothing.

I hope everyone had a good time.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just got home a few minutes ago. I took an amtrack to go and return because i had never been on one befor (but that is another story all togeather).
I'll post on the camp tomorrow, all I'm saying for now is I had a blast, and those that could not attend missed a great time.
Sorr for the short post tonight found out when i got home that My mother is in the hospital (she's 87) and I need to go see what is going on.
I will say i met some verry friendly people and that everyone enjoyed the learning experience and frienships where made.

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Kaith Rustaz said:
I didn't do a count, but it looked to be around 20ish? at the banquet. It was a good first camp, and next years is already being planned. :) Pics are on Tims camera, so soon as I can get back to the school to process them I'll post a few up here. There'll also be more in the magazine which I expect to have ready by next weekend.

I'd like to thank Tim, Hutch and Joe for teaching some wonderful sessions, and everyone for attending.

I had the chance to spend some time with Tshadowchaser and his son. Thank you both for making the trip in from Mass.

Several announcements were made, including the formation of MT's own hall of Fame.

2003 inductees were selected based on their activity in the martial arts, and their support of MartialTalk. We will be mailing the certificates to those who weren't able to attend this years camp. The 2004 nominations will be selected in January, and awarded at the next Buffalo MT camp.

2003 inductees:
FMA person of the year : Tim Hartman
Kenpo person of the year: Ron Chapel
MT Ambasador of the year: Jeff Leader
Martial artist of the Year: Rich Parsons
Competator of the Year: Primo Luciano (ace)
Organization of the year: WMAA
Humanitarian of the Year: Tim Hartman & Rich Parsons
KMA person of the year: Steve Scott (hardhead jarhead)

Some of the information used to make these determinations was from what is listed in peoples profiles. Please, fill out the optional information in there on your arts, organizations, etc.

Thank you again everyone for supporting MT and coming out to the camp. We'll see y'all at the next one. :)

I Did not even know this camp took place. But Thank U for The Award
And Congradulations To Everyone. It 's an Honor to See My Name up there
Next to Some Realy Great Martial Artist.
I will do My Best in Competions in The Up coming Future.

Thank U all
Primo Luciano

Latest Discussions