Whatever, your board your rules. Go ahead and change my
sig, if it makes ya feel powerful enough. Mock the "conspiracy"
all ya want, but HEY LOOKIE LOOKIE, there's a BOAT LOAD of
sigs as long as, if not longer than mine. Hmmm .. where's the
mention of THEIR signatures?

Johnathan Napalm

Black Belt
Reaction score
Nightingale's sig was offensive to those who bled and died in war. It is like "hey, your grandpa or uncle or dad or son or husband or daughter or wife died in a criminal activity... blah blah" Yeah, how would you like that? I have a lot of respect for N- , but if someone threw that line in my face, he would be picking up his teeth on the sidewalk. No matter how idealistic the quote represents, it simply invokes resentment from people who made the ultimate sacrifice. (Having said that, I suppose I have no right to protest, as I am not fighting in this war.)

G

GouRonin

Originally posted by Kaith Rustaz
Arnisador and Gou -HAD- their differences. To the best of my knowledge they have worked them out.

Now if I could just get him to stop touching me in my bathing suit area, things would be perfect...
:rolleyes:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kirk - Those will be addressed.

JN - Good points.

Gou - Well..if you would stop wearing your trunks on your head....

Kirk seems to think I like 'flexing my Naziness' as one person put it a while back....fine, I will. Signature changed.

G

GouRonin

Gou - Well..if you would stop wearing your trunks on your head....

Hmmm...that explains a lot actually...thanx.
:shrug:

W

WilliamTLear

Originally posted by GouRonin
Hmmm...that explains a lot actually...thanx.
:shrug:

It's the scratch and sniff bikini briefs that you need to stop wearing on your head, but I guess that's why your still wearing the trunks (kinda covers up your dark secret). :rofl:

R

Rob_Broad

One of the principle the U.S. is founded on isfreedom of speech, and that means anyone has the right to say just about anything they want. My only problem is too many people take this right for granted and forget the cost there was for them to be able to say what they want.

Freedom of speech is a beautiful thing but it does not mean you have to speak out at everything, some times silence is just as powerful.

This thread is getting a little hot, maybe everyone should reflect on what is really important. Innocent people are dieing as human shields, not by their choice but by force. People are butchered for their speech if they do not follow a party line. War is a horrible thing, but the real crime is the global community let thei mad man stay in power this long. It will take decades for Iraq to heal, and yes there are innocent lives being lost, but it is for the greater good.

E

Elfan

Perhaps the signature size limit could be coded into the user CP so that you *can't* make a sig thats too big. I did a quick test and there didn't seem to be any size limit.

OP
A

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kirk
I had a sig that said "Jesus Did It For The Chicks" .. arnisador
insisted that it be changed.

My recollection is that we informed you that someone (person or persons, I don't recall) was bothered by it and asked if you would mind changing it as the mods. agreed that you then-current .sig was iffy. I can investigate however and see whether my memory is correct in this regard.

As to not answering your PMs, this is not correct. I do not intentionally ignore ]any MartialTalk-related PMs or e-mail. It is certainly possible that I have occasionally done so by oversight, but not by design.

-Arnisador
-MT Admin-

K

Kirk

Originally posted by arnisador
My recollection is that we informed you that someone (person or persons, I don't recall) was bothered by it and asked if you would mind changing it as the mods. agreed that you then-current .sig was iffy. I can investigate however and see whether my memory is correct in this regard.

Please do. My recollection, I was told several. But damned sure
wasn't told "iffy'.

Originally posted by arnisador
As to not answering your PMs, this is not correct. I do not intentionally ignore any MartialTalk-related PMs or e-mail. It is certainly possible that I have occasionally done so by oversight, but not by design.

I disagree.

E

Elfan

Originally posted by Johnathan Napalm
Nightingale's sig was offensive to those who bled and died in war. It is like "hey, your grandpa or uncle or dad or son or husband or daughter or wife died in a criminal activity... blah blah" Yeah, how would you like that? I have a lot of respect for N- , but if someone threw that line in my face, he would be picking up his teeth on the sidewalk. No matter how idealistic the quote represents, it simply invokes resentment from people who made the ultimate sacrifice. (Having said that, I suppose I have no right to protest, as I am not fighting in this war.)

The author of the quote was one of those who fought and bled in war. The quote was *not* like "hey, your grandpa or uncle or dad or son or husband or daughter or wife died in a criminal activity... blah blah" Which would be rather offensive. I belive it is perfectly resonable for a signature quote.

qizmoduis

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Johnathan Napalm
Could it be b/c it was in the sig line of Nightingale who happens to be a MT mod and a well respected and well liked member too? :D

If it was in my sig line, my *** would be glass, huh? lol

No. Her sig could not be considered offensive by any reasonable person. I personally find your posting style irritating, but there should be nothing offensive about that sig attached to your posts either. At least when considered by a reasonable person.

(The rest is not directed at JN personally)

This whole manufactured-uproar about her sig is ludicrous. Frankly, I find it OFFENSIVE.

Cripes I'm sick of that word! What a stupid word. I'm offended, you're offended, they're offended. Grow thicker skin and a backbone and don't be so afraid to allow others to have and express opinions that don't fit into your twisted, narrow little worldview.

:soapbox:

K

Kirk

Originally posted by Elfan
The author of the quote was one of those who fought and bled in war. The quote was *not* like "hey, your grandpa or uncle or dad or son or husband or daughter or wife died in a criminal activity... blah blah" Which would be rather offensive. I belive it is perfectly resonable for a signature quote.

"Jesus did it for the chicks" is not like "hey you're {insert insult}
because you're Christian". And a number, either zero, one or
several were upset about it .. just like nightengale's.

G

GouRonin

"Jesus did it for the chicks"

Now I'm not to sure on this because I'm not a christian but rumour has it that Jesus pretty much loves everyone and pretty much hung around forgiving everybody for anything. So I think he'd be ok with it.

But that's just me...

F

fist of fury

That's the problem today everybody is offended over everything. You know what not everybody agree's with you. Too bad deal with. If you don't like it don't look at it. I didn't find anything offensive about kirk's sig so what it offended your religious beilief's to bad.......whine....whine. develop thicker skin or sense humor if you can't then go home and hide in your closet where no one can offend you. Stop taking everything so personally and if you can't then go screw yourself.

K

Kirk

Now I'm not to sure on this because I'm not a christian but rumour has it that Jesus pretty much loves everyone and pretty much hung around forgiving everybody for anything. So I think he'd be ok with it.

But that's just me...

I AM christian, and I agree. Humor one of God's creations.

G

GouRonin

...I don't know about anyone else Kirk...but I really am out to get you. Just thought I would let you know. Just to make it interesting.
:cheers:

K

Kirk

...I don't know about anyone else Kirk...but I really am out to get you. Just thought I would let you know. Just to make it interesting.

ROFLMAO!!!!!! .. you're such an *** sometimes! :p

OP
A

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Arnisador and Gou -HAD- their differences. To the best of my knowledge they have worked them out.

This was never a personal matter. This was about a pattern of posts I found to be out of line with our standards. Not all mods. agreed with me. Things were discussed in private. This is how we we work--we discuss matters and attempt to reach a consensus. Different mods. view different situations differently. This diversity of opinions is a good thing (as Kaith knows and agrees--note, he has voluntarily given Cthulhu and me considerable authority on his board).

We found her Hemmingway quote to be within those standards...we found your Jesus one to not be. End of argument.

Indeed. It is precisely that simple. We endeavour to be fair and consistent--but judgment calls must be made.

I am in full agreement with Kaith's post on this matter. My brief responses to Kirk in this thread are indicative of my belief that he is asking questions not in order to get answers but rather to stir trouble. While it's true that Kaith invests a great deal of time here because he has technical as well as administratibe duties, I invest a great deal of time here as well--monitoring, directing, welcoming new members, posting references to old threads, and helping coordinate matters behind the scenes as well. I've written internal documents for mods. and the first drafts of many of our public documents, which are then hashed out behind the scenes. I'm happy to help, but this seems to me to be merely a tirade. I will not ignore the questions but I have no desire to be dragged into posting lengthy replies to questions that serve only to advance a personal agenda.

Indeed, I find the whole matter tiresome and childish--especially the "I was a mod. once and here's a secret I know" part.

-Arnisador
-MT Admin-

G

GouRonin

ROFLMAO!!!!!! .. you're such an *** sometimes! :p

Thought you might like that. We all do what we can with the gifts we're blessed with.

Now can you move the plant from under the window at the side of the house? I am having a tough time seeing what you are doing...much less be able to get in and out of the house quietly.

Much thanx.
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.