MartialTalk Meetup - Date determined (April 27-28)

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
MTworkshop.jpg

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like a good time. What did you guys do today?
About half the time was official “classes”. I taught some fundamentals of mount escapes, @JowGaWolf taught some Jow Ga Kung Fu punching and a bit of staff work, and my friend John Linton taught some really cool stand-up stick grappling. The rest of the time we just picked each other’s brains and explored various what-ifs.

gyoja

Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
About half the time was official “classes”. I taught some fundamentals of mount escapes, @JowGaWolf taught some Jow Ga Kung Fu punching and a bit of staff work, and my friend John Linton taught some really cool stand-up stick grappling. The rest of the time we just picked each other’s brains and explored various what-ifs.
Sounds really cool. Plans for tomorrow?

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
First day is done. We skipped lunch and just worked straight through from 9:00 to almost 5:00. I am now very tired and sore and need to rest up for tomorrow's session.
I'm still married lol. Dinner at Bonefish, a trip to 2 Lowes and 1 homedepot. Saved me lol.

As I walked out of the Gym. Mike looked at me and said "man you8really in trouble " lol but my wife knows I don't get to do thi gs like this often so I'm thankful for her putting up with my martial arts passion.

My back is feeling better too. After today core is going take priority over everything.

Last edited:

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Today didn’t run quite as long, because the travelers had to begin their trek home. @hoshin1600 taught some close in tactics from Uechi Ryu and @Monkey Turned Wolf taught footwork and some other details from Pikiti Tirsia Kali. After that we hung out and exchanged ideas, concepts, and techniques on a variety of topics.

gyoja

Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today didn’t run quite as long, because the travelers had to begin their trek home. @hoshin1600 taught some close in tactics from Uechi Ryu and @Monkey Turned Wolf taught footwork and some other details from Pikiti Tirsia Kali. After that we hung out and exchanged ideas, concepts, and techniques on a variety of topics.
Sounds like a great time! Safe travels everyone!

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
OK, other than Tony, I know which one he is, who is who here. PM me if you don't want to go public, Or ignore me all together if you prefer... but I will take it personal and will be forced to tell you.....

EkrdyJi89A6ROMKdrgkrMvIw9d0ltd0s17IGlCkMwK2UfqeS6aVeAzlTj4kvKF5u1G8nCP5fDkOmdY7mg_MwJOGTIi5gUuKEOqc7IYpXmAYGVozFvMI_GabzvHSdFg6M0HyxGv96c6Z2uMcuH9nylU4zkNFTKSY
I'm on the far left.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK, other than Tony, I know which one he is, who is who here. PM me if you don't want to go public, Or ignore me all together if you prefer... but I will take it personal and will be forced to tell you.....

EkrdyJi89A6ROMKdrgkrMvIw9d0ltd0s17IGlCkMwK2UfqeS6aVeAzlTj4kvKF5u1G8nCP5fDkOmdY7mg_MwJOGTIi5gUuKEOqc7IYpXmAYGVozFvMI_GabzvHSdFg6M0HyxGv96c6Z2uMcuH9nylU4zkNFTKSY
From left to right: @hoshin1600, my friend John Linton (who isn’t a member on this site but is a student of @yak sao ), myself, @Monkey Turned Wolf , and @JowGaWolf .

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
I can't say enough how beneficial these type meet ups can be. I want to give a heart felt thank you to Tony for hosting and the others for attending and sharing their knowledge.

Latest Discussions