MartialTalk is looking for Moderators

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In order to continue our growth, we are looking for some leaders to help us expand. We will be accepting applications after February 1, 2004, so if you're interested, please check the following thread for our guidelines, and check this thread later for the application link.

Here is to a thriving 2004!

:)

Thank you!

So, You want to be a Mod?

G

Gary Crawford

Yes,I agree with all the conditions listed.I do avoid Flame wars and do not respond when being flamed.I already encourage all interested in MA to log on to MT.I think many of the regulars already do have a decent impression of me.I always try to remain upbeat and possitive about all types of MA and have no intention of being dominant about my style(s) political beliefs,ect.If you notice,I NEVER post on political threads.I do have my political beliefs,but I don't see how they relate to MA.I have maturity on my side also(if you consider 40 mature).I would consider being a moderator on this forum an extreme honor.Please consider me.

R

RCastillo

Gary Crawford said:
Yes,I agree with all the conditions listed.I do avoid Flame wars and do not respond when being flamed.I already encourage all interested in MA to log on to MT.I think many of the regulars already do have a decent impression of me.I always try to remain upbeat and possitive about all types of MA and have no intention of being dominant about my style(s) political beliefs,ect.If you notice,I NEVER post on political threads.I do have my political beliefs,but I don't see how they relate to MA.I have maturity on my side also(if you consider 40 mature).I would consider being a moderator on this forum an extreme honor.Please consider me.

He's got my vote! :asian:

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm -royally- behind on several projects due to focusing on some business issues at the moment. I'll hopefully have the sign-up form online soon.

:)

R

RCastillo

JDenz said:
anything RC says is good with me

Same here with JDenz. The Sopranos are hot and heavy at this point, so I don't wanna get "Da Buffalo Bunch" riled! :uhyeah:

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've been busy so haven't gotten to the application form yet.

If you are interested in being a moderator here you need to do the following:

1: Read So, You want to be a Mod?

2: Look at the forums and decide which area you can be of the most help in.

3: Check the "Forum Leaders" link to see if it is available.

4: Send an Email to [email protected] Subject: Moderator Application
In there, list
*your MartialTalk username,
*real name in full,
*Full Address, and
*a voice phone number including the area code.

Please indicate why you think you would make a good moderator, and include any sysop, moderator or forum admin experience you've had in the past. Lack of previous experience will not disqualify you from consideration. If you do have previous experience, please indicate where, when, how long and what software was used.

Minimum requirements:
*100 Quality posts
*Regular visitor (If you can only pop in once or twice a month, you aren't a good candidate)
*Member for more than 90 days.

All new moderators are subject to a 30-90 day 'training period' or 'trial' period. This allows us all to get aquainted, and see how we can work together. It also allows you to see if you truely want the headaches that come with the job.

Any questions, please post them here.

Thank you!