Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I plan on meeting with the printer on Wed. Finalize the pricing, and make sure all the requirements are correct.

Plan 1 : Front will have the small baseball sized logo with the web address below it. Back will have a 12" graphic only.

Plan 2 : if plan1 too expensive, will go with just the large back image.

In either case, there may be a small copyright notice somewhere towards the bottom.

Hopefully, wed night I'll be able to post the price, and start taking preorders.

Fabric: 50/50 cotton/poly
Color: light blue in color
Sizes: S-M-L-XL
XXL-XXXL available at additional charge (about $2 extra)

Payment : Check/Moneyorder/VISA/Mastercard work best. Also accept AMEX and Discover.

I need to reach a minimum order of 24 shirts. Assuming everyone who replied here is interested in 1, plus a few other emails i've gotten, we're halfway there. Plus, I'm ordering a few extras.

I'll post the proofs ASAP.

Thanks!
:asian:

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok, plan 1 was waaaaaaay too expensive... per shirt cost to make em was like $17 each (I just don't have a spare $500 right now)

So...heres our options:

If I go with the full color logo on both sides, I'd have to charge $28 to break even... way too much for a tee shirt. Polo maybe, but not a tee shirt.

If I go full color on 1 side, nothing on the others, I can make it affordable. Logo will be full front or full back. (aprox. 14" in size) I'm doing some tweaking of the graphic to make it more 'printer friendly', which should allow me to do a 3 color printing, rather than a 4 color.

I've attached a sample here. So, heres the question:
How much is fair for a 50/50 light blue cotton tee, with this logo? And, how many would you want at that price if more than 1? I'd like to be able to swing the 50 shirts, as it brings the cost per shirt down by $4 per shirt! I'm leaning towards the text being a small line somewhere towards the bottom that simply states "Copyright 2002 martialtalk.com "

I need 5 myself (1 for our contest winner)

I'll start taking preorders once we figure out whats fair, and have an Idea how many to go for.

Attachments

• $logo3in.jpg
    $logo3in.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 268
OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've had it suggested that $18-20 is a decent price for a multi color teeshirt.

Does $17 sound fair? $3 S/H in the US for up to 3 shirts
International shipping will be a bit more. Lemme know where your at, and I'll find out the rates.

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
$17+$3 S&H? Sounds good to me!

Cthulhu

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'll want 3 to begin with for mydlefand family.
$17 plus 3 forS+H is ok with me
At a future date not to far away I'll take 3-5 more They will make great rewards for bringing in new students or for the High school student who shows the most improvment in their school work.

E-Mail or PM me as to where to send check or Money Order (Your Choice)

Looks like Rob_B gets the free one at this point in time

If design or whatever changes my order stays the same Would prefer the emblemon the back If its on the front I'll keep trying to see it or read it and end up tripping over my own feet or bumpong somethig.
Shadow

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm gonna try and remember to call tomorow and see if I can specify X# on front, Y# on back.

Just to be clear:

Shirts $17 each Shipping $3 for each 1-3 shirts

1 shirt = $17 + $3 S/H
2 shirts = $34 + $3 S/H
3 shirts = $51 + $3 S/H
4 shirts = $68 + $6 S/H
etc.
10+ shirts @ $15 each :)

All prices in $US.

US shipping is sent USPS Priority Mail, with delivery confirmation.

Canadian shipping is sent USPS. I'll try and get the rates this weekend. (I think it's $7-11, but I'm not sure)

For shipping anywhere else in the world, let me know where, and I'll see what I can do.

tshadowchaser - I'll shoot ya an PM or Email soon as I get all the shipping info together.

Thanks all!

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:)
Cool,
I get to where it to the next tornament I visit on April 13 Hopefuly.
Shadow

D

Drunken Master

I am quite interested in getting a t-shirt. What does it look like, can you ship to the UK and how much does it cost for that?

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Drunken Master - Shipping to the UK appears to be $9-$15 US. I'm going to hit the post office on Saturday and see if I can get the full "How to" and "How Much" for a couple of countries and post em by Sunday. Theres an attachment a few posts up that give you the rough idea on the artwork (it'll be full size, not the small size of the sample)

tshadowchaser - I don't think they will be ready by then. I'm not expecting to start the printers ball rolling until April 1st.

I'm going to try and put up a pre-order form this weekend.

Thank you, everyone.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No problem
Whenever thy are ready
I think with people actualy wearing them at events and on the street the forumwill get even more subscribers. Just hope most of the nuts stay away (keepthe ones already here I don'twant to leave)
Shadow

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Shirts are in, and have started shipping out. I'm starting to toss around a new design for a second shirt, and hope to clear enough off my workload shortly to let me start evaling button makers.

Some other ideas:
Gi Patches - $600 embroidery setup fee due to extensive detail on logo has eliminated this one. Is there any interest in a screen-printed patch?

cups - Can get good priced, but the minimum order would set me back about $200+ for a small batch. This is a maybe.

travel mugs - $400 min order.

E

Eraser

Hey just wondering what color the shirt is... i saw in previous post that you might go light blue??? I hope its white or black..
Let me know..

Thanks

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Shirts are light blue. When these sell down a bit more, I'll be looking at the next shirt design, with several different colors offered. :)

Follow the link in my sig for a pic of the current shirt. :)

G

GouRonin

Ask anyone, Gou Ronin makes the best kick @ss t-shirts! Woo!
:ultracool

G

GouRonin

Originally posted by Eraser
Sure... this from a guy who likes cheap, dirty fights....

Hey, I do. Just ask Jaybacca, Roland, Big Guy, Renegade, Dot, or anyone else who has got some of my fine handiwork. My graphics rock and I make them long lasting and strong because you never know when you might need to use the shirt to choke someone out and you don't want it ripping on you.

There are two kinds of fighters. Cheaters and losers. I learned long ago the reason why rednecks wear leather belts with big pewter buckles. Now I have a few of my own.

Dronak

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks for providing a link for ordering the shirts. I wanted to get one, but just wanted to wait until some of my previous fun spending bills were all paid off to do so. I think I'll place an order in a few days, once my current credit card bill statement closes. :) It will be nice to have a sort of souvenir of the board. Keep us informed about the possibility of other items. I think I've mentioned before that I'd personally like a lapel pin, but I realize they may be too expensive to be worth making. Anyway, thanks for creating something for us to have. :)

Latest Discussions