martial arts songs

H

hapki-bujutsu

WHen hitting the pads in the teenage classes they seem to like music. Even more so martial arts themed music. Does anyone know of any. I have the ones listed

I am bruce lee

kenpo strikes

kung fu fighting

china white

anyone know of any others?
thanks

I have seen CD's out there specifically designed for Chinese internal arts practice, most often Tai Chi and Chi Kung. Check out the following site:

http://qi-journal.com/store.asp?-Token.SearchID=Music

More in line with the style of music you posted, I think the Century catalog also has a few "up-tempo" CD's designed for cardio kickboxing.

I believe Karl Douglas, who wrote 'Kung Fu Fighting', has another song called 'Dance the Kung Fu'.

There's an alternative band called Ash that has a song called 'Kung Fu' which plays at the end of Jackie Chan's 'Rumble in the Bronx'.

Cthulhu

There's also a few songs on the Blade sound track that should make class interesting.

I will check them all out. thank you

I heard some Punk Band do a cover of the Jackie Chan song... Cant remember who it was at the moment...

Also, Sublime sings a cover of Hong Kong Phooey

I LOVE to work out to Metallica !!!
Best albums to work out to:
#1: Master of Puppets
#2: Ride the Lightening
#3: And Justice for All

Best "karate" songs from these?
Battery
Damage Inc.
Orion (instrumental)
One
For whom the bell tolls

...etc.
Your Brother
John

How about the black album? I know to some Metallica fans it's considered too "mainstream", but it's pretty righteous from beginning to end in my eyes.

Hugo Largo seems to describe a martial art on there first album. I wouldn't recomend it for class though its very laid back. Another good one is Pink Floyd's "Sheep", which instructs us to master the art of Karate, And again I wouldn't recomend it for class unless everyone is totaly cool and well... laid back.

Am I cheesy because I like to have Tibetan monks in the background while I work out? :p

IVE GOT THE POWER!!!!! Every time i hear that song i start to do Form 4.

I listen to music when I train that is nothing like the music I listen to for it's own sake. Loud, obnoxious, and beat driven. Lyrics are of no concern, as it is the energy of the music that I tap into while training. I also find that the more obnoxious, rude, and loud the music is- the less likely I am to get interrupted by my wife (hee hee- yeah right).

Powerman5000 (Especially the song "When Worlds Collide") gets my heavy bag some serious injury.

Latest Discussions

Back