Martial Arts in Everett WA

erin.asmj

White Belt
Reaction score
My name is Erin Burke and I am an authorized instructor of the Art and Science of Mook Jong (ASMJ) under Joseph Simonet of Ki Fighting Concepts. I am currently accepting applications for two private students in the Everett area.

I charge $40 per hour of instruction. Training is available after 6pm on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thurdays.

Persons interested should submit an application to [email protected] with the following information:

Name:
E-Mail Address:
Phone Number (s):
Weight:
Profession:
Previous Martial Arts Experience (if any):
Existing Medical Conditions (if any):
Reason for interest in training the martial arts:

This is NOT a “kids karate” class and persons under the age of 18 need not apply. Applicants will be contacted to schedule an interview.

Students will be training in my home gym and outside in my yard so please forgive me if my screening process seems a bit extreme.
site1027.jpg

For more information on the Art and Science of Mook Jong, Joseph Simonet or KI Fighting Concepts please feel free to visit the official KI Fighting Concepts web page at www.kifightingconcepts.com.
KI Fighting Concepts. As seen on the covers of Inside Kungfu and Paladin Press magazines.
site1028.jpg

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
My name is Erin Burke and I am an authorized instructor of the Art and Science of Mook Jong (ASMJ) under Joseph Simonet of Ki Fighting Concepts. I am currently accepting applications for two private students in the Everett area.

I charge $40 per hour of instruction. Training is available after 6pm on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thurdays.

Persons interested should submit an application to [email protected] with the following information:

Height:
Weight:
Profession:
Previous Martial Arts Experience (if any):
Existing Medical Conditions (if any):
Reason for interest in training the martial arts:

A couple questions here....

When you say you are an instructor in Mook Jong does that mean you teach people how to use the training aid known as a Mook Jong? Or is it the name of one of Mr. Simonet's martial arts styles? That would be sort of like having a martial art called "Heavy Bag" or "Tire Dummy", but I've heard of odder things.

The Ki Fighting Concepts website didn't have any information on "ASMJ" except an opportunity to buy videos of the forms. Could you enlighten us a bit about what it entails?

As long as the answer isn't "terrorist", "drug dealer" or "mugger" why is it any business of yours what people do for a living? This really doesn't seem like a legitimate question.

OP
erin.asmj

erin.asmj

White Belt
Reaction score
Thank you for the questions Tellner.

When you say you are an instructor in Mook Jong does that mean you teach people how to use the training aid known as a Mook Jong? Or is it the name of one of Mr. Simonet's martial arts styles? That would be sort of like having a martial art called "Heavy Bag" or "Tire Dummy", but I've heard of odder things.

The Art and Science of Mook Jong is the name of the art. Dummy training is integral to the art. It would seem logical to me that Joseph's naming of the art derives from this. I suppose that he could have translated the name completely into some of a myriad of east Asian dialects making it eminently more palatable to the discerning American martial arts community.

KI Fighting Concepts website didn't have any information on "ASMJ" except an opportunity to buy videos of the forms. Could you enlighten us a bit about what it entails?

At the heart of the training is the Slam Set. Training also includes Argument in Movement and Skill Sets amongst other less codified drills, forms and techniques.

As far as I know, Joseph has never abbreviated the Art and Science of Mook Jong to ASMJ. The acronym is, to my knowledge, entirely my own creation. It is eminently less tedious to type, however, when responding to e-mails or forum posts.

As long as the answer isn't "terrorist", "drug dealer" or "mugger" why is it any business of yours what people do for a living? This really doesn't seem like a legitimate question.

Call it profiling. Some would argue that it is discriminatory. I would argue that it is efficient. If it gets me the information I want then I find the question to be completely legitimate.

Tellner, I really do appreciate your interest in the Art. If you have any specific questions about the training please feel free to ask. I won't even grill you about your profession...

unless you want to train with me. ;)

Erin

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the concise replies. You cleared up the questions immediately.

ASMJ was just an abbreviation for the purpose of brevity.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dude, I lived in Everett and their isn't any Kenpo except some guy teaching Kajukenbo out of his Garage. Doesn't Pacific MA teach this stuff for about $40 a month?
Sean

OP
erin.asmj

erin.asmj

White Belt
Reaction score
Dude, I lived in Everett and their isn't any Kenpo except some guy teaching Kajukenbo out of his Garage.

:eyebrow I don't teach Kenpo...

I DO teach out of my SMALL basement gym. Sometimes I thing a large garage would be an improvement. ;)

Doesn't Pacific MA teach this stuff for about $40 a month?
Sean

As far as I know nobody other than Sifu Joseph Simonet of KI Fighting Concepts teaches "this stuff". If you want to train at Pacific MA, then pay what they ask. Similarly, if you want to train with me...

Erin

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have Addy Hernedez' "Fight Like A Girl" tape and as far as I am concerned, the way she teaches is THE way that a person should punch and move.

AoG

OP
erin.asmj

erin.asmj

White Belt
Reaction score
I'll let her know you liked the tape. I am sure that she will pleased to hear it.

BTW, in my previous post "thing=think".

I have Addy Hernedez' "Fight Like A Girl" tape and as far as I am concerned, the way she teaches is THE way that a person should punch and move.

AoG

Latest Discussions