Martial Art Students using Dojo for daycare/convenience

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
That seems like a bad idea to me. No parents are immediately around. Kids play with the dog. One kid pokes/pulls/annoys the dog, the dog bites the kid's face....then what?
not that worried its not my kid, but anyway my dog is,child friendly, he has been poked pulled and annoyed by multiple children and loves the whole,experience,, its only me he bites, though he did once catch a squirrel, obviously dis like the taste as he never,chased one again

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Most dogs don't actually have much chance of doing that if they are well socialized and played with. My only concern with most of the dogs I've ever owned would be them getting excited and stomping on the kid. Most kids over the age of 6 like that, though.
its a smallish dog, a sort of a big jack Russell

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
That seems like a bad idea to me. No parents are immediately around. Kids play with the dog. One kid pokes/pulls/annoys the dog, the dog bites the kid's face....then what?
To quote my vet...
"Most dogs are pretty stupid - they get punched in the nose, ears pulled, fur grabbed, stuff like that, and they keep wagging their tail and coming back for more. Don't worry about 99% of the dogs out there around your kids; worry about every cat. Dogs love it and keep coming back. Cats are smart enough to never go around the kid again, or they get even."

This came about when my wife was pregnant with our first child and I asked him about pets around kids.

Latest Discussions