"Long-suffering" doesn't begin to describe it

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've been a Vikings fan since I was a kid, when they had Fran Tarkenton at QB. Tonight, as I sit here watching them piss away yet another chance at the playoffs, after one hell of a comeback in the latter part of the season, I think I may finally have had enough.
I'm tired of watching these over-paid "professionals" **** up any chance they've had. Jesus Christ, they couldn't even make it to the big game the year they set the NFL single-season scoring record.
Maybe I should start cheering for the Pats, like the rest of the bandwagon crowd. :rolleyes:

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've been a Vikings fan since I was a kid, when they had Fran Tarkenton at QB. Tonight, as I sit here watching them piss away yet another chance at the playoffs, after one hell of a comeback in the latter part of the season, I think I may finally have had enough.
I'm tired of watching these over-paid "professionals" **** up any chance they've had. Jesus Christ, they couldn't even make it to the big game the year they set the NFL single-season scoring record.
Maybe I should start cheering for the Pats, like the rest of the bandwagon crowd. :rolleyes:

I hear ya! As a Panthers fan, we have had our share of down years. Losing Del Homme just ruined our season. My wife became a Patriots fan, which is OK by me, since at least I get to watch at least one game a week now :)

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
Maybe I should start cheering against the Pats

Fixed that for you

which is OK by me, since at least I get to watch at least one game a week now :)

Except the Steelers-Pats game because we were stuck with Broncos-Chiefs....grrrrr

OP
Kreth

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I hear ya! As a Panthers fan, we have had our share of down years. Losing Del Homme just ruined our season. My wife became a Patriots fan, which is OK by me, since at least I get to watch at least one game a week now :)
Maybe not this year, but I was under the impression that the Panthers have been one of the more successful expansion teams in the NFL.

Fixed that for you
Heh, thanks. At least I got to see the Bears stomp the Packers. Maybe I'll fire up Madden and see if I can put Favre out for a season again, rather than drive my blood pressure up watching the Vikings continue to flail in the 2nd half.

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Maybe not this year, but I was under the impression that the Panthers have been one of the more successful expansion teams in the NFL.
That's true. Considering they are a recent expansion, it can't really be "long" suffering. Been a lot of disappointing seasons though. A lot of unmet expectations...

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score

I feel your pain.

Sincerely,

A Lions Fan errrrr I mean GO PATRIOTS!!!!!!

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
REDSKINS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im glad my team won and all we have to do is beat Dallas who wont have T.O. and will rest their starters so they can be healthy. I am too excited.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well being a Lion's fan Kreth I do in many way's share your pain. I get by just casually watching the Lions and just casually watching other teams. The only professional athletics that I really spend a considerable amount of time watching is the MMA guy's and even then I never pay for a show.
icon6.gif

Now College well that is a different story as I am a die hard Spartan fan! (we look really good in basketball right now and our hockey team is the defending National Champs)

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hell, I'm a Cubs fan. Suffering is a way of life every September.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I have lived most of my life in Michigan. I have never really been a Lions Fan. I think that might be why I am into College football more than professional. I found that as opposed to specific teams, I liked coaching styles, and or key players. I would watch and route for them as individuals or as a team for the coach. Some call me joining the bandwagon, but I then tell them about the coach I like (* None really step out in the last couple of seasons for me *) and why I like them and why I followed them when the teams moved, even if the teams were winning or not.

OP
Kreth

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
...but I then tell them about the coach I like (* None really step out in the last couple of seasons for me *)
I don't really follow college football much, but from the pros:
  • Tony Dungy
  • Bill Bellichik (sp? He's not the only coach cheating, he's just the one who got caught)
  • Joe Gibbs, although I'm still pissed about that ******** challenge he made during last night's game

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
  • Joe Gibbs, although I'm still pissed about that ******** challenge he made during last night's game

Whoeva told him to challenge that deserves a pay raise out of this world.

OP
Kreth

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Whoeva told him to challenge that deserves a pay raise out of this world.
It was still ********. Minnesota had 12 guys on the field because Washington rushed the snap to prevent Minnesota from challenging that "catch."

Latest Discussions