Long Pole Help Needed

Marnetmar

Black Belt
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get a standard 9 foot long pole that's around a half inch thicker than normal at each end for smash training purposes? I haven't been able to find any.

Not sure where you live mate but possibly try a hardware store that sells long wooden dowels. See if you can get a length of it or something similar. It may cost you a fair bit however worth a look.

I have a heavy duty white waxwood pole that is 9 feet . If you find one thick enough, those things are practically indestructible.

First, plant a seed... :D

Then put an arborist on retainer?

On a more serious note. Do you have access to bamboo? It would be much cheaper to replace (multiple times) than getting a wooden pole.

Something like that would need to be custom made, or you could find a nice thick pole at some hardware store, thicker than you would ever intend, and plane it into the desired shape

Try facebook.com/bunjinkanweapons

They make custom ninjutsu weapons, but also cater to other styles. The guy has several lengths and shapes (6side, 8side, tapered, non-tapered, round, etc) for any measure of staffs.
He also deals with about 6-8 different wood types. His web domain isn't up at the moment, but shoot him a message and he may be able to show you some examples of his work.

I haven't had the privilege to purchase from him, but the few people I contacted seemed quite pleased.

Back