Living in china?

Nabakatsu

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I often hear of westerners who went to china to learn martial arts for 5-10 years, I was curious about how one might go about doing that.. locating good schools, language barriers.. finding a place to live and work.. all that kind of information.. any thoughts are most welcome thanks!

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good question, waiting to hear some answers myself. :asian:

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well the last time I was there was in the seventies and my father took care of the training while we was there. I am sure places like Karate around the world groups are out there and could give some insight. Maybe it is time to revisit. You know our very own Brian Vancise goes there once in awhile he could help you just pm him.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
It depends on what you want out of learning martial arts in China and what styles you are looking for/at

Want to be taken seriously and learn good MA...learn the language.

Where to live can come with where you work. Have the right career in China and the company/school you work for may give you a place to live. Other then that there are apartments but it will take some research or leads to get one you...well.... want. And of course in this case it will take money and depending on which area you live in that could get expensive these days. And of course you need food and you really need to know where and where not and what and what not to eat unless you like things like dysentery.

Locating a good school....define school.

Now locating a good sifu that is what is important and generally more difficult without leads and/or a lot of research.

There are a lot of people in China just waiting for a westerner to pay them money