Life is so good.

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I have a friend who joined our School! He showed up, and joined. He was a brown belt in the MuDuKwan TKD in the 70's and has not practiced much. He was very skillful in his youth. It was great to see him in his element. He and I will get back into shape.

My friend and I are well poised to recruit mutual friends in to the Dojang, and that is good! My Master Instructor truly is a good Man. If you people were to meet him, you would see. He teaches us in the way that our GrandMaster did. I am very happy about that and proud of him.

My Assistant Instructor was a white belt when I was a brown belt. Now, he is 4th degree! He wishes to recruit more students, and was teaching me to hand out flyers. I told Him, though, on the phone -- My friend and I will demonstrate to you recruitment of new students!

Hahahaha!!! We will show you recruitment the likes of which 100 people could not do by handing out these fliers!!! ha!

You see, my friend and I are well poised to do this because we have an extensive network of people that we know. We are involved in some kind of fellowship, and will engage our fellows in this training! Life is so good in this way!

We will invite many people, but one person will be DIRECTED to do this. We love our brother. He has a medical condition and he needs to exercise. So, regarding this person, we will not simply say, "please join us". No. To him, we will say, "You will be at the Dojang at 6:00 pm tonight." <-- that is a complete thought!

He is a good guy and is strong as an ox, but he will get off of the couch!

This TKD can be so dark, so foreboding, and vicious! I have seen it, believe me.

But it can also be so very light and airy, colorful, like the red, white, and blue paint on our Dojang walls. I have never seen anything like this.

This is not just about some fighting motions, but about helping each other, I am convinced of it. My friend called me on the cell phone. He said, "Oh, I am so glad that you invited me." I told him, "No, it is my pleasure. I feel so good that you came!" This is the good life. It is mine today!

I know that you people understand this. Its like the taste of sugar, it cannot be expressed entirely with words. It transcends this language!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing that..

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People's Banana Republic of Massachusettstan, Disu
I have a friend who joined our School! He showed up, and joined. He was a brown belt in the MuDuKwan TKD in the 70's and has not practiced much. He was very skillful in his youth. It was great to see him in his element. He and I will get back into shape.

My friend and I are well poised to recruit mutual friends in to the Dojang, and that is good! My Master Instructor truly is a good Man. If you people were to meet him, you would see. He teaches us in the way that our GrandMaster did. I am very happy about that and proud of him.

My Assistant Instructor was a white belt when I was a brown belt. Now, he is 4th degree! He wishes to recruit more students, and was teaching me to hand out flyers. I told Him, though, on the phone -- My friend and I will demonstrate to you recruitment of new students!

Hahahaha!!! We will show you recruitment the likes of which 100 people could not do by handing out these fliers!!! ha!

You see, my friend and I are well poised to do this because we have an extensive network of people that we know. We are involved in some kind of fellowship, and will engage our fellows in this training! Life is so good in this way!

We will invite many people, but one person will be DIRECTED to do this. We love our brother. He has a medical condition and he needs to exercise. So, regarding this person, we will not simply say, "please join us". No. To him, we will say, "You will be at the Dojang at 6:00 pm tonight." <-- that is a complete thought!

He is a good guy and is strong as an ox, but he will get off of the couch!

This TKD can be so dark, so foreboding, and vicious! I have seen it, believe me.

But it can also be so very light and airy, colorful, like the red, white, and blue paint on our Dojang walls. I have never seen anything like this.

This is not just about some fighting motions, but about helping each other, I am convinced of it. My friend called me on the cell phone. He said, "Oh, I am so glad that you invited me." I told him, "No, it is my pleasure. I feel so good that you came!" This is the good life. It is mine today!

I know that you people understand this. Its like the taste of sugar, it cannot be expressed entirely with words. It transcends this language!

You, my friend, have a gift with words.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That is really cool, Robert! There's something about the friendships that we build on the mat that really can be deep & last a lifetime.

I'm glad you've found that place.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think the gift of TKD is wonderful. Congratulations for sharing it!

Miles

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
This is a great thread idea. So often, and given the times understandably, we are motivated to discuss things by negative events. Now here's somebody spreading good feelings.

<Applause!>

OP
newGuy12

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Yes, that's right! I have been thinking about this. There is a lot of concern over the direction that TKD is taking, and that is understandable! I would not diminish those concerns.

On the other hand, though, you people all understand this good thing -- you drive to the Dojang after work. You are very tired, but you get dressed. After the practice -- wow! You feel great. You bow out, and then you say -- Whew!

!!!

How can you explain this to someone -- "Oh, that sugar, it tastes so sweet." "What is this sugar? What does it mean to taste sweet?" ???

I am glad that Instructors talk among themselves about important issues. I am also glad, though that I do not have to fret over these things. I have to merely practice hard, that is my place. It is much easier, to have less care!

Latest Discussions