Leonardo...Green Warrior...not so much...

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, another green hypocrite untouched by the media...

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2013/01/02/dicaprio-eco-hypocrite-flying

Leonardo DiCaprio is the greenest of green celebrities.

The actor was a driving force behind "The 11th Hour," a 2007 documentary sounding the alarm about global warming, deforestation and other environmental causes.

He drives ahybrid car, warns us about climate change and typically eschews chartered jets to minimize his carbon footprint.

But when 2013 came calling, DiCaprio decided to live it up like the A-list star he is, leaving an impressive carbon footprint in his wake.

Leo DiCaprio and his “Wolf of Wall Street” co-star Jonah Hill racked up some impressive air miles for their New Year’s celebrations — cheering in the New Year in both Sydney and Vegas. The actors were spotted partying on a boat with a group of attractive bikini-clad women while cruising Sydney Harbor on Saturday. The pair flew from Australia to Vegas on a chartered 747 along with stars including Jamie Foxx, Kevin Connolly and Leo’s latest love, Margot Robbie. A source tells us, “They partied at Marquee Star Lounge Sydney and left at 1 a.m. Australia time, flew 13 hours to Vegas, arriving at 10 p.m. to Vegas, and went to Lavo to watch the fireworks.”

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not only that , he's a really crappy celebrity.
Every time he comes to Sydney he just walks around hiding his face in his hands and doesn't talk to anybody.

Why we continue to invite wankers like him and his entourage down here is beyond me , not when we've got top blokes like Hugh Jackman who are only to happy to talk to members of the public.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
It is good to hear that Hugh Jackman is a good guy. You can never tell if the celebrities you enjoy on the screen are decent people or not, and worth shelling out money to see.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Right... because anyone who supports environmental issues has to be totally anal about it 24/7, 365.

People who are that obssesive are called "nutters", Bill.
You may now return to grasping at straws in your ongoing efforts to paint everyone who is more liberal than Genghis Kahn as unspeakably EVIL.

GrandmasterP

Green Belt
Reaction score
If I could afford his carbon footprint and Leo had a feather up his *** then we'd both of us be tickled.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hmmm...didn't say he was evil, just that he is a hypocrite who isn't covered by the media as a hypocrite.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm...didn't say he was evil, just that he is a hypocrite who isn't covered by the media as a hypocrite.

Give me a break.
I support environmental issues. I do what I can to protect the environment. I pick up trash when we're our in the Jeep. I pick up trash when I'm diving. I support measures to protect the environment.
I also drive a car that goes a lot faster than needed. I fly in airplanes, sometimes just for fun. Not even going anywhere. We take off, fly around, and go back home.
You wanna call me a hypocrite too?

You don't seem to understand the difference between being a hypocrite and, say, being a reasonable person who does what they can without being a totaly fanatic nutball.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Leonardo uses his position of celebrity to chastise the rest of us about how we live our lives. He supported Al "jazeera," Gore and his silly movie and he hypes the environmental movement in a way a regular citizen doesn't. That is the difference between you and him. If you went around nagging other people about how they live their lives and how they are "endangering," the planet, and still did the things you do...then you would be a hypocrite...like Leon...

If you make a preachy movie like this...then you might be a hypocrite too...

http://www.alternet.org/story/60163..._in_new_'11th_hour'_environmental_documentary

Leo DiCaprio Takes Up Where Al Gore Left Off in New '11th Hour' Environmental Documentary

DiCaprio's <i>11th Hour</i> is a powerful documentary that makes the case that our way of life is totally at odds with the sustainability of our planet. But the film needs the Hollywood star to draw a lot more publicity to it.

The "11th hour," of course, refers to the last moment when change is possible before it's too late to do anything. And the obvious message of DiCaprio's film is that we residents of planet Earth have reached a tipping point in terms of how we live and the impact we impose on our ecosystems. And for this reason, The 11th Hour is at times not easy to watch or come to terms with. It is a challenging, sometimes overwhelming experience that explores both millions of years of the Earth's existence in all its complexity, and the immediate present and the enormous impact human behavior is having not just on the planet's climate systems, but on our oceans, our air quality, our forests and the communities we live in.

Sooo...Mr. "tipping point," decided that even though the world is at a "tipping point," and about to go kablooey...and he still lives his life burning fossil fuels like...well, like we aren't at the "tipping point." So, you aren't Leon. He is a hypocrite, which isn't a big deal, he is an actor after all. The problem comes from all the love he gets from the media and the entertainment community for his environmental extremism...which ignores his hypocrisy. Just try to let a republican do what he does...we'd never hear the end of it...

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Did he create or cause to happen the events he went to, Bill?

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
You'll have to clarify that Sukerkin.

Do you mean this...

DiCaprio's <i>11th Hour</i> is a powerful documentary that makes the case that our way of life is totally at odds with the sustainability of our planet.

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No, I was talking about the events he went to that have got you so upset.

Phone him up and tell him what a hypocrite he is - no point telling us.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Did he create or cause to happen the events he went to, Bill?

I don't know Sukerkin, however, I do know he could have spent a quiet night in his eco friendly home reading by candlelight...instead of using fossil fuels, which according to him are killing the planet, to globe trot...

I am just a conduit for wisdom Sukerkin...

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Of course Sukerkin, I have been reading your thread on Argentina, but I didn't tell you to call the President of Argentina to let her know how you feel...I simply read your thread, respectfully, and carried on with my other posting...

Hmmm...upset...no, simply pointing out something I noticed. It is much the same with the other guy saying I thought dicaprio was evil...I know it can be a symptom of reading posts to think the worst of the poster simply by reading a post, and not knowing their real emotions...it is an interesting phenomena that seems to come from the other side of my posts a lot...

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:chuckles: I sincerely don't mean to sound horrid but it's not 'wisdom' that I would term it, Bill.

As I have said so many times, if you lock yourself into one source of 'news' and that source is shaped by an agenda then you become shaped by that agenda and it inhibits your ability to discern what is important and what is not.

Worse still, as I noted using the Daily Mail as an example recently, if that source drip-feeds you extreme views and you don't temper that with other perspectives then the extreme views start to seem not so extreme to you and before too long you are advocating positions that really, on reflection, are not those that should be brought to the fore.

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Of course Sukerkin, I have been reading your thread on Argentina, but I didn't tell you to call the President of Argentina to let her know how you feel...I simply read your thread, respectfully, and carried on with my other posting...

Quite so :nods:. I apologise.

It was late and I'd not long got back from yet another emergency trip to the hospital. So I was briefer than I should have been when trying to make the point that starting yet another thread (after what seems like thousands), backed only by Breitbart's style of journalism, wasn't going to lead anywhere good as it only serves to annoy those who are convinced you do it on purpose.

I am convinced that that is why, after so long, a few posters (me sometimes amongst them if I don't rein myself in) will automatically dismiss the topic and only respond to give you a hard time about it.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Latest Discussions