Leading arm jam back arm

OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I understand the concept, I just don’t think it’s very special. Maybe some people can develop proficiency with it, but I don’t see that in these videos.
Can you have 100% successful rate on this? I don't think so. IMO, if you can have 40% successful rate on this, that will be a good skill.

When your hand moves in circle, and your opponent's arm also rotates into the same direction to escape your wrist grab, if you suddenly rotate your hand into the opposite direction, your hand will meet his arm 1/2 way. In other words, if you can take advantage on your opponent's respond, your successful rate will be higher.

To guide your opponent's arm to across his body can give you a lot of opportunities.

Last edited:

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
Can you have 100% successful rate on this? I don't think so. IMO, if you can have 40% successful rate on this, that will be a good skill.

When your hand moves in circle, and your opponent's arm also rotates into the same direction to escape your wrist grab, if you suddenly rotate your hand into the opposite direction, your hand will meet his arm 1/2 way. In other words, if you can take advantage on your opponent's respond, your successful rate will be higher.

To guide your opponent's arm to across his body can give you a lot of opportunities.

Again, I understand the concept and I see the potential uses. I would very likely add a sweep or leg strike to it under many circumstances.

OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Again, I understand the concept and I see the potential uses. I would very likely add a sweep or leg strike to it under many circumstances.
Agree that "foot sweep + upper arm block" is a good entering strategy.

- The foot sweep can disable your opponent's kick.
- The upper arm block can disable your opponent's punch.

Last edited:

Latest Discussions