Last Santa Ana orange grove marked for development

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Terry, I went to Los Amigos.

Later I lived in Anaheim at Euclid and Ball, then in Huntington Beach and Midway City about a mile away from Golden West College. Also lived over by Golden West and Westminster ... you know, West Treces?
Hey, we might have been 'almost' neighbors. My first house was at Magnolia and La Palma in Anaheim. Man that was a long time ago, 1979.

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey, we might have been 'almost' neighbors. My first house was at Magnolia and La Palma in Anaheim. Man that was a long time ago, 1979.
Dude, I worked right in that area! Was around there a LOT!

Spent alot of time at Mile Square Park with family picnics and things.

Ah yes, Mile Square - where bodies were found under small walkway bridges and in sand bunkers on the golf course, local residents drunk tequila and fought with knives, babies ran into traffic on Warner or Brookhurst ... but you could still find some nice spots to chow. :D

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dude, I worked right in that area! Was around there a LOT!

Ah yes, Mile Square - where bodies were found under small walkway bridges and in sand bunkers on the golf course, local residents drunk tequila and fought with knives, babies ran into traffic on Warner or Brookhurst ... but you could still find some nice spots to chow. :D
Where else could you shoot a round of golf and a gangbanger at the same time?
icon10.gif

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Aw, the OC Fair was fun AND the swap meet! Do you remember the Chop Chop Man?

"New York
L.A.
Non-Stop
Back and forth, back and forth, keep on moving back and forth..."

:lol2:

AND! ... heh heh heh ... a-and ... :D ... I saw The Red Hot Chili Peppers in Costa Mesa by the coast when they were a popular small-time band ... when they wore tube socks for stage apparrel! DAMN those were the days!! :D

I saw them as well with a young lady she took and said they where the best.

I miss Kaplans deli, man they had great bagels, everytime I went to South coast plaza had to get a dozen or so.
icon10.gif

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Speaking of mile sqaure park remember frisbie golf. God I love that game.

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I saw them as well with a young lady she took and said they where the best.

I miss Kaplans deli, man they had great bagels, everytime I went to South coast plaza had to get a dozen or so.
icon10.gif

Kaplans ... LOL ... I've been there a few times. Yes, they were good.

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Aw man! Kaplans! and Frisbee Golf!

:(

I'm feeling old now ....

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Back to oranges, tho ... :( ....

Last summer my family went on a ride at California Adventure - can't remember the name - but you go into a building and sit on suspended seats which take you off the ground. In front is an enormous screen showing areal views of California scenery - you feel like you're flying over these various areas. Accompanying the movie is the odor you'd expect to receive in these locations and even a fine, light mist when "flying" over water.

One sequence was the orange groves with the scent of orange.

:lookie:

It was a very Soylent Green moment.

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Last summer my family went on a ride at California Adventure - can't remember the name - but you go into a building and sit on suspended seats which take you off the ground. In front is an enormous screen showing areal views of California scenery - you feel like you're flying over these various areas. Accompanying the movie is the odor you'd expect to receive in these locations and even a fine, light mist when "flying" over water.

Shesulsa was it of today or more of the past, it sounds wonderful. matbe when we visit this summer I need to take the family there.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score

The ride is called "Soarin' over California". They have an identical ride in Orlando, but it's just called "Soarin'". My son liked to pretend he was kicking the golfers as he flew by. ;)