Last Person Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
For a somewhat philosophical reason this section of the song Bodies, from Drowning Pool, is running through my head

One - Something's got to give
Two - Something's got to give
Three - Something's got to give
Now

Takai

Senior Master
Reaction score
Note to self..learn to read clocks better. Definitely should have waited longer before my run today. But, at least it stopped raining for a while.

Takai

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sitting here trying to conjure up my normal eloquence but, it just isn't working. Will be officiating my Grandma's funeral tomorrow and I still don't have a clue what I am going to say. It is a 2 hour drive so hopefully I come up with something befitting.

The words to to describe the emotions just don't seem to come. The family asks the logical and level headed to handle it and go figure for once I am a dry well.

*sigh*

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Just let it flow.

My dad use to be asked to do this at most family funerals and he would just go and do it without much forethought and he just let it flow out. You could tell if always choked him up a bit and the last time he did it I found myself wishing they did not ask him because I could see what it did inside.

Basically, don't over think it

Ironically I was completely unable to speak at all at his wake, but a good friend of the family's who is a pastor, did a great job.

ks - learning to fly

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sitting here trying to conjure up my normal eloquence but, it just isn't working. Will be officiating my Grandma's funeral tomorrow and I still don't have a clue what I am going to say. It is a 2 hour drive so hopefully I come up with something befitting.

The words to to describe the emotions just don't seem to come. The family asks the logical and level headed to handle it and go figure for once I am a dry well.

*sigh*

...you know, my Grandpa used to say that 'God made man because he loves stories' ...maybe one of your favorite Grandma stories could be the springboard for your
'eloquence' - in any case travel safely and let the memory of your grandma bring peace to your heart in this difficult time - God Bless..

Takai

Senior Master
Reaction score
All in all it went well. Still don't think that I quite got everything out the way I wanted to but, nobody seemed to object to how it went. Also, got to see some family that I hadn't seen in about 20 years. We really should get together more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions