Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well I am currently experiencing the weather of upstate NY while living in upstate NY...only problem is that it appears to be the usual weather we get in February, so it is a month early

and with that said I mush now go outside and brave the elements
Been there, done that, miss it... slightly. :)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
You're starting to slur your words, Xue. Have you been into the brandy to take the chill out of your bones?

NAH!!! I'm just practicing for my trip home

2013_1112_images_38_icebound.jpg

Brandy....me...no..... oh have you meant my lead dog yet

Saint-Bernard-brandy-300x200.jpg

and with that...I am off ta brave the shnow Shtorm I musht go home

oh...and not to worry...I have a flashlight :D

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
NAH!!! I'm just practicing for my trip home

2013_1112_images_38_icebound.jpg

Brandy....me...no..... oh have you meant my lead dog yet

Saint-Bernard-brandy-300x200.jpg

and with that...I am off ta brave the shnow Shtorm I musht go home

oh...and not to worry...I have a flashlight :D
I would love to snuggle with that lead dog. That's a couch dog. You get rid of the couch and get the dog instead.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
So, we went to the rec center to train tonight - and discovered they'd forgotten to turn on the heat in the room where we train. It was 49 deg F in there. On the positive side, by the time it got to 55, we were feeling hot.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's like 16 degrees here, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot....
Ok, it's 4AM, but still....this is not supposed to happen!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Sever windchill warnings here today....tomorrow.... and the next day.... and then we'll have a heat wave.... it is supposed to be 33 on Monday.

I'm so happy I no longer have to walk a 1/2 mile, on an elevated walkway, to my office...I have done that before in this type of weather, more than once, I did not enjoy it.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sever windchill warnings here today....tomorrow.... and the next day.... and then we'll have a heat wave.... it is supposed to be 33 on Monday.

I'm so happy I no longer have to walk a 1/2 mile, on an elevated walkway, to my office...I have done that before in this type of weather, more than once, I did not enjoy it.
Ooooh... 33! Practically t-shirt weather! Let's all go skinny dipping.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Ooooh... 33! Practically t-shirt weather! Let's all go skinny dipping.

One February, a few years ago, after my 1/2 mile walk to my office, I realized the temperature was 20 degrees higher than it was when I left my house..... and it was, at that moment, I believe it was 5F....

I generally say the same thing every year when folks start complaining about how cold it is on the first few 30 degree days....."Wait a couple months and you'll think this is warm"

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
One February, a few years ago, after my 1/2 mile walk to my office, I realized the temperature was 20 degrees higher than it was when I left my house..... and it was, at that moment, I believe it was 5F....

I generally say the same thing every year when folks start complaining about how cold it is on the first few 30 degree days....."Wait a couple months and you'll think this is warm"
There is a reason January is called "Cutter" in Ukrainian language and February is called "Savage". :)

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I would love to snuggle with that lead dog. That's a couch dog. You get rid of the couch and get the dog instead.
Why not have both? I bet that dog would like to sit on the couch. I know mine does.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
The couch required to hold that dog would simply not fit into our house. :)
Nah. It will fit just gotta move stuff around. If that's not an option you could always knock a hole in the wall. The couch Will probably be hanging out of your home but it'll fit. :D

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah. It will fit just gotta move stuff around. If that's not an option you could always knock a hole in the wall. The couch Will probably be hanging out of your home but it'll fit. :D
I'm not sure you and I share the same definition of "fit", Donald. o_O

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's a tad cold right now for holes in walls and things hanging out of the house. :cold: Besides, our other five animals might object.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ok, so this is directly from the National Weather Service:

============
Monday...Winter weather possible. With a cold air mass in place and increasing moisture, precipitation that develops during the pre-dawn hours will likely start as a wintry mix of snow, sleet and/or freezing rain before transitioning to all rain by midday Monday. Snow and ice accumulations should be light, though hazardous road conditions may develop across some areas early Monday morning.
============

Seriously, people? We already know the weather is going to be terrible - can't you at least tell us more closely, in which way it's going to be terrible? Can we pick an option, please?

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, so this is directly from the National Weather Service:

============
Monday...Winter weather possible. With a cold air mass in place and increasing moisture, precipitation that develops during the pre-dawn hours will likely start as a wintry mix of snow, sleet and/or freezing rain before transitioning to all rain by midday Monday. Snow and ice accumulations should be light, though hazardous road conditions may develop across some areas early Monday morning.
============

Seriously, people? We already know the weather is going to be terrible - can't you at least tell us more closely, in which way it's going to be terrible? Can we pick an option, please?
Translation: "It will be cold. Water, in some form or other, will fall from the sky. That is all."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions