Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
For being a website located on the world wide web (and thus available in countless time zones), this place sure does die down at night!

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Happy Independence Day to all America. May you all have the day off and eat too much barbecue. :)

Costco. Planet Maui, yesterday.

CostcoMaui2.jpg

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Her body rocks.

Probably the result of (ironically enough) exercise and good nutrition!

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got started back to running on Monday. My left ankle felt a little "blocked" across the front when I got up, but that usually loosens up when I get moving. Not Monday, it didn't. I made it about half a mile before I had to give up on the run. I finished the 2 miles walking, and shouldn't have. My ankle was horribly sore (8/10 pain) when I stepped on it Tuesday morning. It improved slowly as the day progressed, and I was able to walk without much limp by bedtime. Better this morning, though fairly sore when I woke up. Chiropractor said the talus (one of the two long bones in the foot) was significantly out of alignment. Quick adjustment and all the acute pain vanished - just a mild soreness (probably from running/walking on it Monday). I'll give it a few days and try again.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Got started back to running on Monday. My left ankle felt a little "blocked" across the front when I got up, but that usually loosens up when I get moving. Not Monday, it didn't. I made it about half a mile before I had to give up on the run. I finished the 2 miles walking, and shouldn't have. My ankle was horribly sore (8/10 pain) when I stepped on it Tuesday morning. It improved slowly as the day progressed, and I was able to walk without much limp by bedtime. Better this morning, though fairly sore when I woke up. Chiropractor said the talus (one of the two long bones in the foot) was significantly out of alignment. Quick adjustment and all the acute pain vanished - just a mild soreness (probably from running/walking on it Monday). I'll give it a few days and try again.
Yikes. Take it easy old man.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yikes. Take it easy old man.
I definitely felt old yesterday, Steve. Just a note to all reading: if your foot hurts and you stop your run at about the half-mile point, just go home - don't walk the other mile and a half you were planning to run.
[Christopher Titus voice] Idiot [/Christopher Titus voice]

Flatfish

Black Belt
Reaction score
Can't wait to go back to training tonight. After the long weekend, kids being out of school etc and the gym being closed I'm feeling horribly creaky this morning.....some joint locks tonight should fix that nicely......

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to go back to training tonight. After the long weekend, kids being out of school etc and the gym being closed I'm feeling horribly creaky this morning.....some joint locks tonight should fix that nicely......
There's something wrong with that logic, but it feels so right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions