Last One Standing Java!

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Someone screwed up the programming on my cable system or something. I DVR'd two *NEW* Last One Standings this week. The program labelled as 'Java' had the canoe racing, then the one labelled canoe racing the had frickin' "How Is It Made" show. I totally missed the Silat program and don't see it in rerun anywhere in the next two weeks, or whatever my cable system allows me to see.

Ah, I see "(NOTE: NEW TIME!)" on the link you posted. Apparently Charter didn't get the update to change their program guide. I was much more interested in Silat than a boring canoe race.

Doc_Jude

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Jeez, that figures. We were talking about how much better the Silat Human Weapon would have been if in Java, then some other show does it & I miss it. Thanks for the link, I'll watch it sometime today!

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jeez, that figures. We were talking about how much better the Silat Human Weapon would have been if in Java, then some other show does it & I miss it. Thanks for the link, I'll watch it sometime today!

It is a visual pleasing and overall very nice show. I enjoyed watching it!
icon6.gif

Doc_Jude

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks! Just watched it, it was so much better than the Human Weapon. I'm glad they got into a little of the culture, & showed traditional conditioning.

Do you know anything about Fight Quest that Discovery is putting out next year? The preview look pretty good.

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks! Just watched it, it was so much better than the Human Weapon. I'm glad they got into a little of the culture, & showed traditional conditioning.

Do you know anything about Fight Quest that Discovery is putting out next year? The preview look pretty good.

Yes they did a really good job with this one in Last One Standing. Made me want to be right there and get some training in even if this style of silat is not my favorite nor is their competitive version. Still it was done beautifully and the participants all did it with great respect.

The Fight Quest show coming up looks very good. So only time will tell if it is good enough but if the hosts do one thing and that is are respectful and more committed then it has to be better than the Human Weapon!

doc D

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I agree , I found this program more appealling than the Human Weapon silat episode. I didn't have a big issue with the Human Weapon feature , but this Last One Standing program just had a better flavor.

The Fight Quest feature is , hopefully , going to be good. The company responsible for the production and filming contacted me early this year in search of pencak silat instructors in Java. I made introductions and set them up with the Suwanda Family. They did the filming in July-August time frame. Reports from the company were very positive , so I have high hopes that it will be as satisfying as such a program can be, considering the objectives of the company and the time constraints .

With respect

Doc D

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree , I found this program more appealling than the Human Weapon silat episode. I didn't have a big issue with the Human Weapon feature , but this Last One Standing program just had a better flavor.

The Fight Quest feature is , hopefully , going to be good. The company responsible for the production and filming contacted me early this year in search of pencak silat instructors in Java. I made introductions and set them up with the Suwanda Family. They did the filming in July-August time frame. Reports from the company were very positive , so I have high hopes that it will be as satisfying as such a program can be, considering the objectives of the company and the time constraints .

With respect

Doc D

Cool I will look forward to that episode and hopefully see a few familiar faces!
icon6.gif

doc D

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hello,
In checking the Discovery Channel schedule it appears that the episode featuring Pencak Silat will air on 25 Jan 08. The teachers will be two of my Pencak Silat Mande Muda teachers, Ibu Rita Suwanda and Pak Dadang Gunawan.
I believe the first episode shown here in the USA will be on 4 Jan 08 and will focus on Kali. I believe Tuhon Leo Gaje is the instructor featured.
Hope that is helpful.

With Respect

Doc

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,
In checking the Discovery Channel schedule it appears that the episode featuring Pencak Silat will air on 25 Jan 08. The teachers will be two of my Pencak Silat Mande Muda teachers, Ibu Rita Suwanda and Pak Dadang Gunawan.
I believe the first episode shown here in the USA will be on 4 Jan 08 and will focus on Kali. I believe Tuhon Leo Gaje is the instructor featured.
Hope that is helpful.

With Respect

Doc

Nice! I am definately looking forward to it.
icon6.gif

Doc_Jude

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hello,
Hope that is helpful.

With Respect

Doc

Cool! We'll be tuning into that one, too.

gorka

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I would love to watch this episode of Last One Standing in Java but unfortunatly in France we can not see it on discovery channel website it says that we are not in the good region... soooo bad !!

Is there any of you who had (or could) download it and would be able to put it on a server so european people like me could download it and watch it, it would be very nice !!!

PLEASE ! help us !!!

Thanks by advance

wassalam
Gorka

silat

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hello,

The Last One Standing wasn't bad but I think the Fight Quest Silat episode is going to rule!

I have seen the first 2 Fight Quest episodes (Kung Fu & Kali) and they were much better than both Human Weapon and Last One Standing on those subjects.

Can't waite for 25 Jan!

Sincerely,
Teacher: Eddie Ivester

gorka

White Belt
Reaction score
Salam everyone,

do you have any idea where I can found fught quest episode to download ???
and of course I'm still looking for Last One Standing #11...

Any help would be really welcome !!!

Thanks by advcance

wassalam
Gorka

Latest Discussions