Lack of manners (response !)

OP
B

Baytor

I've got your "proper response" right here: :moon:

:boing1: :rofl: I really amuse myself some days. Especially when I'm tired. Like now.

OP
A

Autocrat

Well.... I'd like to finish off with a few things.........

Firstly..... I have re-read my last posting, and would like to apologise to everyone. I had not realised how base and aggressive that was.

Secondly..... I particularly want to thank the latter posters for the humour.... improved my spirits greatly, and I'm typing this with a smile, rather than a scowl!

Thirdly..... thank you all for not launching on myself, as well as for moderated responses and attempting to be helpful. That also was appreciated.

Fourthly.... I'm hoping I was successful... time will tell... if not, well- bog it, at least I made the attempt, and that is what matters to me. I don't think it was fair of me to hammer on other peoples door - instead I should have posted quitetly. Sorry.

Lastly..... well, there isn't much left... I've said thank you and sorry... but just to make clear... I did check out the forum before starting posting... thats howcomes I could kind of rely on certain posters posting, *grin*, but maybe I should have been more respectful than I was.

Autocrat

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Autocrat said:
Well.... I'd like to finish off with a few things.........

Firstly..... I have re-read my last posting, and would like to apologise to everyone. I had not realised how base and aggressive that was.

Secondly..... I particularly want to thank the latter posters for the humour.... improved my spirits greatly, and I'm typing this with a smile, rather than a scowl!

Thirdly..... thank you all for not launching on myself, as well as for moderated responses and attempting to be helpful. That also was appreciated.

Fourthly.... I'm hoping I was successful... time will tell... if not, well- bog it, at least I made the attempt, and that is what matters to me. I don't think it was fair of me to hammer on other peoples door - instead I should have posted quitetly. Sorry.

Lastly..... well, there isn't much left... I've said thank you and sorry... but just to make clear... I did check out the forum before starting posting... thats howcomes I could kind of rely on certain posters posting, *grin*, but maybe I should have been more respectful than I was.

Autocrat
:idunno: Well venting is a good way to get rid of frustration ... it's just HOW one vents that makes a difference. :D

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
*pats Autocrat on the back* Attaboy. No harm, no foul. Now - gotta dash - off to Mod duty! *poofs*

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
loki09789 said:
We are BORG. Prepare to be assim...assym....Dowh!
Resistance if futill....futal....FUTILE!
:borg: (sorry, I couldn't resist!)
loki098789 said:
Notice, Chet, how Paul's head is down, chin to chest in that subverted posture to the Alpha Moderator. In other cases, these MT MEMBER ANIMALS have locked eyes with the Alpha's in almost a challenge to their authoritah. These have broken into struggles, mostly ceremonial that have resulted in either permanent or temporary banishment from the MT PACK...

They are an interesting beast, Bill.

That's all for now from 'Bill and Chet's CyperSafari'

Join us next week when we follow the lifespan of the internet predator known as the pop up advertiser....Can't wait!
:rofl:
MACaver said:
Well, venting is a good way to get rid of frustration ... it's just HOW one vents that makes a difference.
Well said. :ultracool

MichiganTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
There tend to be three main reasons why I would not respond to a post:
1. Lack of time. My schedule can be quite busy and I don't always have time to leisurely peruse and add posts.
2. Lack of information. Generally, if I don't feel qualified to answer a thread I don't.
3. Lack of interest. I have to be interested in a thread before I add to it. Many times I am not. Nothing personal. Some threads I just don't care about.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
well if you like funny here's one:

Tim Allen had this to say about Martha Stewart:

"Boy, I feel safer now that she's behind bars. O.J. & Kobe are walking
around, Osama Bin Laden too, but they take the one woman in America
willing to cook, clean and work in the yard, and haul her *** to jail."

Lady's please don't get mad
rofl.gif

Paul B

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I usually don't respond because of a couple of things:

1. Someone has already said what I was going to say.
2. I don't feel like I am qualified to give a response.
3. If I replied,I wouldn't have anything positive to add,so I keep my fingers away from the keyboard.
4. The topic itself is unattractive. Like say...."Who would win in a cage match? Bruce Lee or a rabid aardvark?"

The best rule is "If you don't have anything nice(positive) to say...."

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Paul B said:
4. The topic itself is unattractive. Like say...."Who would win in a cage match? Bruce Lee or a rabid aardvark?"
C'mon man everyone knows the answer to that one... the rabid aardvark! Bruce Lee is dead! :lol:

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Paul B said:
The topic itself is unattractive. Like say...."Who would win in a cage match? Bruce Lee or a rabid aardvark?"
:roflmao:
MACaver said:
C'mon man everyone knows the answer to that one... the rabid aardvark! Bruce Lee is dead!:lol:
:roflmao:

MichiganTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I don't know...

Check out the movie "D.C. Cab" (1982). Gary Busey's character will set you straight on that issue.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
MichiganTKD said:
I don't know...

Check out the movie "D.C. Cab" (1982). Gary Busey's character will set you straight on that issue.
I'm not sure if I want to lose my hearing anymore than it is already... I mean Dell LOVED his music L-O-U-D!! Whaaaooooo!!!

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'll view a lot of threads and won't post because:

A. Somebody has allready covered what I would have said...and maybe better.
B. I'm not interested in responding...still, to get to that point one must SEE what is there.
C. I don't have time to respond. I might check in fifteen minutes before a class, see what is out there, and not have the time to post. I tend to take a bit of time thinking about what I write. Not always...but sometimes. I don't just like to fire stuff out.

In any case, if people want to just "lurk," that's okay with me. At least they're reading. I think that's wonderful. I recognize that some here might feel somewhat shy about throwing in on certain topics. That's understandable.

Regards,

Steve

Bod

Purple Belt
Reaction score
If you want to get a thread going say something idiotic. You'll get banned eventually but hey, you got yourself attention for a short while so....

If you want to kill a thread dead say something sensible, useful and to the point.

Once on a Judo thread on e-budo I described Judoka as people who 'push imaginary piles of dirt around with their feet'.

No response.

Three months later one of the more respected posters wrote something along the lines of 'I can't remember who said this but he (Yoshida) was 'pushing imaginary piles of dirt around with his feet', so he is definitely a Judo player first, Wrestler second'.

So there you go, my words weren't really falling into some great big electronic black hole.

Sin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I respond only when I find an intrest in something...or someone I know has posted and I just wanna see what they said and i might comment on it...or not...depends on my mood.

OP
C

clapping_tiger

This thread is a prime example on why I don't post as much as I would like. I don't spend much time online and by the time I see a post, most people have already helped by saying almost exactly what I would say. So, not wanting to bore people by just repeating what has already been said, I just move on. However if I have something new to contribute, or feel very strongly about what someone else has said and want to reinforce thier point, then I will post a reply. Of course, if I know nothing about the topic I will not respond either, which is probably another I don't post as much. :idunno: