Kwan Ki Do

I

Infight

Appeared a Martial Art in Brazil called Kwan Ki do, does it exist? Is is a Vietnamite martial art? What is its origins? Kung Fu?

OP
K

krys

I think it was developped in France (but vietnamese origin) and I don't like it......

Mabuhay ang filipino Silat at Arnis

brokenbonz

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Quan ki do/quan ki dhao/kwan ki do was really popular in europe, it was big in italy and france. All I know is that this viet guy named pham xuan tong created it by merging chino-vietnamese and vietnamese martial arts traditions. looks pretty cool, the interesting thing was when I watched em spar they were only using one gloved hand to strike the other (without the glove was to parry), kickins where awesome as well as the different scissor techniques.

krys said:
I think it was developped in France (but vietnamese origin) and I don't like it......

Mabuhay ang filipino Silat at Arnis

baubaul

White Belt
Reaction score
Briefly:
The correct term for the martial art in discussion is Qwan Ki Do or Quán Khí Đạo.
It's a martial art method founded in 1981 by Master Pham Xuan Tong in France. It's recognized officially as a vietnamese style by the Vietnamese Martial Arts Federation.
The style has chinese influences (mostly southern- NGA MI PHAI, NAM QUYEN THIEU LAM,NGA MI PHAI ) due to the fact that Master Pham Xuan Tong has been thought martial arts as a child by Master Chau Quan Ki ,a chinese emigrant of Hakka descent in Vietnam. Vietnamese influence includes Vo ItQUANG BINH, Vo BINH DINH and Vo BACH NINH.
Trade marks: low stances,double hands blocks, leg scissors techniques (from low levels to top (neck) ), kicks while hands are protecting the groins and face, throws,joint locks, double jumping kicks
It's very popular in Italy, France, Romania, different African countries.
The fight for competition SONG DAO - one gloved hand which you can hit to the face, and the bare hand to the body.
Traditional fight DAU TU DO - full body contact
And more but as I said I want to be briefly

It depends on the person if he likes a style or not, from my experience I can say I enjoy and after a decade or so I'm starting to understand the basics...so the path is long!Peace

Khmo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
hi,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdMeEArphxA&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo.google.fr%2Fvideosearch%3Fclient%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla%3Afr%3Aofficial%26channel%3Ds%26hl%3Dfr%26q%3Dquan%2520ki%2520do%26um%3D1%26ie%3DUTF-8%26s&feature=player_embedded

In France there are several clubs… That resembles has one mix of the Viet Vo and Karaté with much of work of the legs. Different from Vinh Xuan or Vo Thuat… In my old club of Jiujitsu every year it came a group to make their annual training course on our premises ! Much work on long distance and flying technique.

Qwan Ki Do is discrete, not very commercial. As much of system Vietnamese soldier… ;)

In France Vinh Xuan is not known…. And Vo Thuat has 1 great reputation.

The students must take share has external competitions. One of the representative in France: http://www.jeanfrancoislenogue.com
( I greet in the passing ;) and sorry to make 1 little Pub' for him but it deserves it…)

Arts Vietnamese soldier are very realistic !

Good week & Good research ;)

respect,
Khmo

Latest Discussions