Kupso?

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh shoot...I know I saw a kupso practioner on the board...

do a search on MT for kupso and you should turn him up

OP
K

Kirsty x

Hiya,
I used to train with kupso,:)
Its not just one art,
Its all different ones.
Its a great and friendly club.:uhyeah:
Are you thinking about joining?:ultracool

OP
T

Tidy_Sammy

Kirsty x said:
Hiya,
I used to train with kupso,:)
Its not just one art,
Its all different ones.
Its a great and friendly club.:uhyeah:
Are you thinking about joining?:ultracool
Yeah I was thinking of checking it out since they tutor it a few minutes away from my house.

I'm interested in the breathing techniques, the five animals.

I also really want to get weapon training, do you get a decent amount of it in Kupso? What weapons do they usually use?

Thanks in advance:)

OP
J

jjmcc

Tidy_Sammy said:
http://members.tripod.com/kupso/

Has anyone ever heard of this art?

I'm thinking of checking it out....
Hi sammy i have been studying kupso for 2 years now and i am currently a red belt. First and foremost we mainly work on self defence as in situations you may encounter on the street. Then it progresses from there We study ao denko jitsu, chung do kwan and also tkd and when you progress you may get the chance to study 5 ancesters 5 animals, kali, bagua, tai chi chuan. We also do weapon training we train with tiger sabre, staff long sword and also kendo sticks but weapon training usually comes after you progress. We have also started stick fighting which is fun and we have anual tournaments where you can compete in forms, pushing hands,sparring and soon stick sparring. Our sparring is different from tkd it is strikes throws and submissions which is also fun.

It is a very relaxed atmosphere and you are made to feel welcome also you will learn a lot of techniques like pressure points,locks ,throws,body manipulation,also a few of us are reiki practitioners so if you have a slight injury im sure we can help. What class is it you are near?

HOPE THIS IS ENOUGH INFO IF YOU NEED ANYMORE INFO PLEASE ASK

OP
T

Tidy_Sammy

jjmcc said:
Hi sammy i have been studying kupso for 2 years now and i am currently a red belt. First and foremost we mainly work on self defence as in situations you may encounter on the street. Then it progresses from there We study ao denko jitsu, chung do kwan and also tkd and when you progress you may get the chance to study 5 ancesters 5 animals, kali, bagua, tai chi chuan. We also do weapon training we train with tiger sabre, staff long sword and also kendo sticks but weapon training usually comes after you progress. We have also started stick fighting which is fun and we have anual tournaments where you can compete in forms, pushing hands,sparring and soon stick sparring. Our sparring is different from tkd it is strikes throws and submissions which is also fun.

It is a very relaxed atmosphere and you are made to feel welcome also you will learn a lot of techniques like pressure points,locks ,throws,body manipulation,also a few of us are reiki practitioners so if you have a slight injury im sure we can help. What class is it you are near?

Thanks a lot for the information, I live in Edinburgh/Scotland, five minutes away from the Commonwealth pool:)

OP
J

jjmcc

Great you should come down there is a class on a saturday 10am - 12pm and also tuesday 6.15pm-8.15pm they are both really good classes.:idea:

OP
J

jjmcc

Oh yes and the Belt System is the same as TKD

OP
T

Tidy_Sammy

jjmcc said:
Great you should come down there is a class on a saturday 10am - 12pm and also tuesday 6.15pm-8.15pm they are both really good classes.:idea:
I'll try and do so as soon as possible, do you go to Commonwealth?:)

I just need to interlink this with my work so I can fit both in, I can definetly make the morning one since I work 2PM-10PM 5 days a week.

I need to get myself some joggings and trainers too, I only have boots and jeans lol.

If you have MSN could you please PM me your addy? :)

OP
T

Tidy_Sammy

jjmcc said:
Oh yes and the Belt System is the same as TKD
When I studied TKW it went....

White/Yellow/Green/Blue/Purple/Red/Black (with your tags inbetween)

This is what I recall anyhow, I'm sure it never had an orange belt, yet you do :)

OP
K

Kirsty x

jjmcc
Isnt there a class on in the commonwealth on a sunday? 12:00 till 1:00?:idunno:
Or am I getting mixed up again:rolleyes:

OP
J

jjmcc

No kirsty the sat class is 10 - 12 and sammy we dont have a orange belt its white/yellow/green/blue/red/balck and your tags in between. Ye come and check out the sat class youll enjoy it.

macca1980

White Belt
Reaction score

Hi I have also just started Kupso, I have a few questions to ask,
1. Is Kupso a martial art or an organisation?

2. What do you actually hold a belt in? ao denkou jitsu, taewondo, chung do kwan? I heard that you actually hold a belt in all 3, does this mean for example if you are a green belt in Kupso..you could in theory go to a taekwondo class and also be a green belt.

3.What is the difference between Chung do kwan and taekwondo? I have been trying to find some stuff on each martial art and from what I gather Chung do kwan and Taekwondo are very similar.
for example
Ao denkou jitsu: Pressure Points
Taekwondo:punches and kicks
Chung do kwan:Forerunner to taekwondo??
What is point of having belt in both if they are the same.
Sorry if these questions are silly but i am a beginner and would like to know exactly what I am learning.

Thanks

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm afraid you may not get a reply. This thread is around 4 years old, and it doesn't look like many of the participants are still active members of MT.

macca1980

White Belt
Reaction score
Ok thanks.. if anyone knows the answers please reply, it does not need to be the original posters.
Thanks folks!