Kung Fu The Focus of Nat. Geo Article

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Was at the doctor's office with m'dad waiting and found the May issue of National Geographic magazine... surprise they had an good sized article about Kung Fu and how it started and how it's become a iconic influence in China.
Check it out... I didn't have time to finish reading it as my dad was called in... (rats)...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Was at the doctor's office with m'dad waiting and found the May issue of National Geographic magazine... surprise they had an good sized article about Kung Fu and how it started and how it's become a iconic influence in China.
Check it out... I didn't have time to finish reading it as my dad was called in... (rats)...

Oh man this is so sweet :supcool:

Umm Caver…… look here :uhyeah:

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Oh man this is so sweet :supcool:

Umm Caver…… look here :uhyeah:

Aww man... I just saw it and didn't realize that it's now a double post... This part of the article I found very sad. How cool it would be to time travel back before and rescue these invaluable scrolls...
The temple was sacked repeatedly during its history. The most devastating blow came in 1928, when a vengeful warlord burned down most of the temple, including its library. Centuries of scrolls detailing kung fu theory and training as well as treatises on Chinese medicine and Buddhist scriptures—essentially the temple's soul—were destroyed

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Funny. I saw the same magazine at my dentist's office. Unlike you, I have no manners. I told the receptionist that I was taking it home to finish... and walked out with it. My wife happens to work at the same office and returned it later that week, but not before I checked out several youtube videos featuring the same monk, Shi Dejian. Here are a couple...

Last edited by a moderator:

Domino

Black Belt
Reaction score
Whether this or the other thread, a great read and some insightful stuff, big thanks !

Domino

Black Belt
Reaction score
Found the magazine in college so took it to Estonia on a recent trip DJing, really good read and inciteful of how it can be done properly.

Latest Discussions