Kung Fu flicks

F

fist of fury

Anybody have some good suggestions on some HK flicks.
I already have
The prodigal son
Crouching Tiger
Rush Hour 2
Warriors Two
Once upon a time in China series

I want add to my collection so any suggestiosn will be appreciated.

OP
S

Shinzu

i love the old ones like 5 fingers of death, the kid with the golden arm, kung fu the movie etc... i grew up with these old kung fu flicks.

they dont make 'em like they used too:)

i also have the dvd of enter the dragon... really cool lee footage there.

OP
D

DJDragon

Shaolin Temple Starring Jet Li is my fave.

This was his first movie I think.

OP
S

shaolin_panther

WWW.SHAOLINVIDEO.COM HAS THE KUNG-FU FLICKS THAT TAKES U WAAAY BACK!!!!!! "5 FINGERS OF DEATH" ....."KID WITH THE GOLDEN ARM" ..."CHINESE SUPER NINJAS" "MASKED AVENGERS" I CAN GO ON..., BUT .....DO YOUR OWNSELF A FAVOR AND VISIT .... THIS SITE WILL MAKE YOU DROOL!!! !!!!!!!!! :ultracool

drunken mistress

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I bulk bought 27 cheap king fu films from ebay - a good way to try many cheaply. All the early Jackie Chan are good. I particularly liked Snake and the Eagle´s Shadow and Drunken Master. Some others (non-Jackie) are good but have terrible titles like Shaolin Chastity Kung Fu. All these are family films. If you´re not squeamish, Flying Guillotines and Five Deadly Venoms have some good stuff in them. (FG has a lot of beheading in the first half hour. FDV has brilliant unusual Kung Fu of various animal forms at the start but gets too much torture in it by the end to be truly my cup of tea. ) I prefer dubbed films. Even if the dubbing is dodgy you at least don´t get distracted by the subtitles.

OP
N

Ninway J

Ah yes, the memories of watching "Black Belt Theater" late night on Saturdays. "Chinese Super Ninjas" was one of my favorites. Gotta love those dubbed films that are so characteristic of a good Kung Fu movie.:asian:

Probably one of my fave American classics is "Big Trouble in Little China.":D

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
So far to favorites have been missed: Jet Li in Fist of Legend and Jackie Chan in Drunken Master 2.

Oh don't forget JC in Supercop either.

Lamont

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The Duel
A Man Called Hero
Legend of the Red Dragon
The Streetfighter (Sonny Chiba, not Van Dull)
Dragon Inn
The Heroic Trio
Lord of the Wu Tang (aka Kung Fu Cult Master)
Swordsman 2 (aka Legend of the Swordsman)

drunken mistress

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I just bought my son Yoga and Kung Fu Girl as he wanted to see soft bone Kung Fu as he´s double-jointed. This is supposed to be about the only film that features it. It was very enjoyable too!

OP
T

TheRustyOne

A good parody Kung Fu flick is Kung Pow ..it even subtitles...:p

Latest Discussions