KT:Where are the Kenpo "Hot Spots" in CA?

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Where are the Kenpo "Hot Spots" in CA?
By MSTCND - Mon, 22 Jan 2007 17:41:12 GMT
Originally Posted at: KenpoTalk

====================

For several different reasons, I'm currently considering moving out to the West Coast in the next few months... with California (and the lower 4-corners states) being a major consideration...

What areas of CA do you (as an individual Kenpoist) consider to be a Kenpo "Hot Spot" in CA?

Specifically, I'm looking to train in EPAK and/or Mr. Speakman's 5.0... and also find the SL-4 stuff very interesting... as I have an EMS background... and really enjoy the breakdowns of what is actually being done in a technique...

Here’s a little about my Martial Arts background and myself. I'll be 40 in February, have trained in Jukido Jujitsu, Tracy Kenpo, Tang Soo Do, and Modern Arnis, and dabbled in a few others. My first training began in JJ at age 14, and I've studied several styles off and on over the past 25-years. My highest rank is that of 2nd Brown (3rd Gup) in TSD under Master John Godwin here in DE... I've also been fortunate to train in Modern Arnis under some of Prof. Remy A. Presas' personal students in Datu Tim Hartman's WMAA organization...

The next few months are going to have a LOT of changes for me... and I plan on making Kenpo the centerpiece of those changes...

So, any CA Kenpoists care to answer up?

If you could be ANYWHERE in CA (North or South) to study Kenpo... where would you go and why?

Just kind of feeling things out for the moment... so, I appreciate any and all feedback regarding training, housing, good areas to live in, etc.

Your Brother in the arts,

Andrew

Read More...

------------------------------------
KenpoTalk.com Post Bot - Kenpo Feed

Latest Discussions