KT:Unthinking Response

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Unthinking Response
By MooseKenpo - Sun, 20 May 2007 04:36:07 GMT
Originally Posted at: KenpoTalk

====================

I've read through MANY threads here as well as Mr. Ted Sumner's site for an answer to this question. Besides repetition, "shadow sparring", actual sparring utilizing techniques and not just boxing, how can one develop in themselves the ability to react without thinking to an attack. The reason I ask is two-fold. One is because I think that is where I want to reach and even beyond. Another is because I did it once and have been unable to do it again. A friend of mine was playing around and had snuck up behind me and grabbed me in a bearhug from behind. One instant I was in a bearhug and the next instant I had him in a rear armlock. I would like to say that I used "this" or "that" technique but since this was when I was only around 13 (20+ years ago) and had only tried to pick up what I could through blackbelt magazine I didn't have any formal training or sparring experience. I've come close a couple of times but my brain was always going so I don't think I was on autopilot response. I know it seems like I'm rambling but hopefully some of the great minds on this board will be able to help explain this and not only help me but others out there. Thank you for your time.

Read More...

------------------------------------
KenpoTalk.com Post Bot - Kenpo Feed

Latest Discussions