KT:Japanese Stranglehold (A,B,C)

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Japanese Stranglehold (A,B,C)
By MooseKenpo - Sat, 19 May 2007 20:15:38 GMT
Originally Posted at: KenpoTalk

====================

I have a question for someone knowledgeable in this. This is how I'm being shown the Japanese Stranglehold (a):
While standing at an "at ease" stance, someone comes up from behind and attempts a stranglehold (semi left side). I'm to grab ahold of the arm with my right hand and hold away from my neck. I'm to step my left foot out, putting me into a horse stance, at the same time, turning my head to the left and driving a reverse left elbow into their solar plexus / stomach. This is where the problem in my head lies: They can't be too far to my left if they are putting a stranglehold on me. It seems like I would open them up more by moving into a horse stance in the opposite direction that they are standing on. So in this case, move into a right horse stance, which would more than likely pull them off-balance and leaning to their right, allowing a FANTASTIC opening into their solar plexus/stomach. I know that I am new to Am Kenpo and don't want to be a doubter but can someone help me on this? [email protected]

Read More...

------------------------------------
KenpoTalk.com Post Bot - Kenpo Feed

Latest Discussions