I don't get it,
can anyone help??

Read More...

------------------------------------
KenpoTalk.com Post Bot - Kenpo Feed

Chuan Fei

White Belt
Reaction score
Tiger crane set is technically one long form. it differs depending on what type of kenpo system you study. i have trained in both american and chinese kenpo. in the chinese kenpo system it is taught in two seperate sets but you should be able to perform it as one long form. also the tiger crane forms differ as well in movments. but all came from the same origin.

hope this helps

cheers
Nick

Dr. C

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello,

The Tiger and Crane form is originally from the Hung Gar kung fu style. Although Hung gar has a five animals form (tiger, dragon, leopard, snake, and crane), their specialty form is a tiger-crane combination. The tiger focused more on the harder, more aggressive movements while the crane was more yielding and soft.Together, they embodied the yin and yang concepts common to many Chinese martial arts.

At one point, back in Mr. Parker's "Chinese Kenpo" days, the form was taught in some of his kenpo schools and spread to various kenpo systems. It is practiced to this day at some schools but is not a part of the standard EPAK curriculum.

At any rate, that is why the tiger and crane are combined in one form. There are many different animal movements which are often combined in various Chinese systems for similar reasons.

Latest Discussions