KT:Kenpo movements you have seen somewhere else...

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Kenpo movements you have seen somewhere else...
By Lenny - 03-05-2011 08:38 PM
Originally Posted at: KenpoTalk

====================

Do you know the feeling when you do a kenpo movement either alone or on the partner and you suddenly realize that you have done this before, but in a different context?

I had this happen a lot, last time was while working on the "begging hands" extension. The last movements is pretty much exactly how the classical Tai-O-Toshi is done (as opposed to the sport judo version that makes it into an ashi-waza).

I just love when this happens (and my uke normally hates it :))

Anyway, does this happen to you as well? If so, can you give some examples?
Or maybe you saw something that look like Kenpo or is part of a Kenpo technique where you didn't expect it?

Read More...

------------------------------------
KenpoTalk.com Post Bot - Kenpo Feed

Inkspill

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I know what you mean!

I hit the speed bag a lot, average about 14 hours a week, I see all kinds of Kenpo in it.

When I leave my training room, my cat is usually trying to sneak his way in as he's not allowed in there (he likes to claw my mats!)

anyway, as I exit I noticed that I step out with my right foot towards 10 o clock out the door, my opponent (kitty) is usually at 12. I then pivot 180 degrees to a right reverse cat facing 6 and draw my left foot back toward 12 to a left reverse bow to push my kitty back and keep him from sneaking in as I close the door. If I bent over and kicked instead of going to the reverse bow, this motion would be a spinning back kick!

I also noticed when I move to pick something up now I drop into a wide kneel to pick up automatically.

I open doors with heel palm strikes. the doors that have the push bar are usually a little low so they get opened with underhand heel palms.

I was screwing around the other day after seeing one of those old slide workouts, where you one to one leap from left to right on the 3 - 9 o clock line on the slide mat.

I tried doing the same on my mats without any special tools and realized I was doing push drags into side cats.

I've caught myself waking to hit the snooze button on my alarm and realized as I pulled my hand back it was in the weapon formation for a 2 finger poke.

Latest Discussions