punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
I didn't say that , I said the movement pattern was nothing like the same, to your unproven premise that 1 rm max translates to punching power.

Nope re-read and work on your basic language skills. What did the study test for? You made the jump to bench press.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Nope re-read and work on your basic language skills. What did the study test for? You made the jump to bench press.
that's the question I asked you ! you made claim on the data the study contains, you back up your interpretation. as your clearly selectively quoting it

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Search out in Youtube a video about Russian Krav Maga. It looks beyond belief.

And I have a question, of course.
Does it work and exist in reality or Krav Maga is applicable only for videos?

Wanted to start Krav Maga but I'm not sure if it is not just a waste of time. Especially, for girls.
Help me out, please!

It’s only a good starter system but many organ are frauds now
In the USA : I would do Krav Maga World wide and krav alliance

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score
It’s very good for women and middle aged to older men

Young guys should stick to the mma stuff

kids should stick to wrestling

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Krav is a good starter system but you will get dominated against a trained striker and killed by a basic grappler

masherdong

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
This video was made by a KMG Affiliate located in Russia. KMG is a legit organization headed by my Instructor Eyal Yanilov.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
This video was made by a KMG Affiliate located in Russia. KMG is a legit organization headed by my Instructor Eyal Yanilov.
Yes kmg is legit but doesn’t mean every one of their schools is. KMG talk a lot of big game but I’ve seen a few of their schools with very sub standard practitioners...at high levels including the instructor

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
This got necroed to hell, but i have seen one of i think a krav maga stick takedown. the techniques arent unique to it though given its a merger of several styles, but if you see a technique that they use works, then it should work in their system.
How do you know if they’re unique or not?

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
This got necroed to hell, but i have seen one of i think a krav maga stick takedown. the techniques arent unique to it though given its a merger of several styles, but if you see a technique that they use works, then it should work in their system.

They are mostly wrestling moves though. Just with a stick.

At a guess I will suggest it was a beef wellington.

D

Deleted member 39746

They are mostly wrestling moves though. Just with a stick.

At a guess I will suggest it was a beef wellington.

Thats to be expected given wrestling is a big influence on krav maga. But Judo, BJJ and wrestling has effectively over taken some indignious weapon grappling. Best example i know is with FMA, the indegnious wrestling of that is so-so lost and finding specilists who know it is quite difficult so most have adopted something else in its place especially if its superior to the status quo. Cant really argue with styles that just throw each other around for their activity.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thats to be expected given wrestling is a big influence on krav maga. But Judo, BJJ and wrestling has effectively over taken some indignious weapon grappling. Best example i know is with FMA, the indegnious wrestling of that is so-so lost and finding specilists who know it is quite difficult so most have adopted something else in its place especially if its superior to the status quo. Cant really argue with styles that just throw each other around for their activity.
You really know nothing do you. Wrestling is most certainly not a big influence. Yes Imi litchfield wrestled but most of Krav is a stand up system yes there’s some grappling defence and a few takedowns but not enough to say it’s a major influence. Just stop...

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You really know nothing do you. Wrestling is most certainly not a big influence. Yes Imi litchfield wrestled but most of Krav is a stand up system yes there’s some grappling defence and a few takedowns but not enough to say it’s a major influence. Just stop...

Yeah. A lot of military systems went that direction for a while. You could look at defendo, scars, line, krav maga.

I don't know if any of them had good results though.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah. A lot of military systems went that direction for a while. You could look at defendo, scars, line, krav maga.

I don't know if any of them had good results though.
Well you can see why wrestling isn’t a good idea for military. If they get into a close quarters fight it won’t be in wrestling shoes or uniform it won’t even be in street clothes. They’ll be in heavy uniforms, carry heavy Bergens, carrying an assault rifle, a hand gun, a knife and everything else on them so shooting a takedown with a massive bag on your back probably isn’t the best plan.

And that is me trash talking wrestling, wrestling’s a good sport and good to know just not for that specific situation