Krav Maga - worth the $$?

seal

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Good luck with the tryout. In case you're interested, there's a isreali school in costa mesa that teaches hisardut (www.hisardut.com). I don't know how far it is from SF -- I'm guessing it's pretty far but maybe not.

Selfcritical

Orange Belt
Reaction score
What do you get access to for 120$?

Unlimited training?
Just the KM classes?

And what is it you want to learn?

OP
Q

Qwik

White Belt
Reaction score
Selfcritical said:
What do you get access to for 120$?

Unlimited training?
Just the KM classes?

And what is it you want to learn?

I get access to unlimited classes (as schedule permits of course), bag and some gym facilities...they also offer additional classes included in the fee...lots of strike and fight classes, conditioning classes, grappling classes, yoga, etc...and they just added gym equip, not sure if thats part of membership or if you need to pay extra..

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
So...lets get an update! How did the class go?

Looking forward to hearing about it!!:)

Mike

Guvnor

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Krav is getting more popular and therefore more affordable and better. I used to pay $200 upwards but times change. There are some cowboys out there. Stay away from CKM ig you can stick with IKMF, KMG and the older organizations like IKMA.

Example, I am based in NY, and I train at the Krav Maga Institute, www.KravMagaInstituteNYC.com - it's an IKMF school - very good, multiple locations and $99 a month with hardly any commitment. I am a JKD man but these classes are first class. They try to keep a low profile because they can't keep up with demand and make their income training law enforcement. They all train in Israel - the kind of place you should try. IKMA and David Kahn is also good as is Krav Maga Federation (but expensive).

Avi Nardia is also very good. I think they have schools in SF and NY.

burket79

White Belt
Reaction score
I think it's definitely worth the money. I just got back from a 5 day military tour in Israel with a company called LionOps and got to learn Krav Maga from actual IDF soliders. It was unbelieveable and after my return I immediately signed up for classes.

Latest Discussions