kogahakempo site!!

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
What, the response from the other room wasn't warm enough for ya? Decided to try it under a different identity?

Same things apply, bubba. You can change your face, but we know your bones.

Aside from the usual silliness, not a bad site.

D.

koga ha

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Kembudo-Kai Kempoka said:
What, the response from the other room wasn't warm enough for ya? Decided to try it under a different identity?

Same things apply, bubba. You can change your face, but we know your bones.

Aside from the usual silliness, not a bad site.

D.
i think your comment was meant to be directed at me, not gavarn.

anyway, it's not a bad site.

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
koga ha said:
i think your comment was meant to be directed at me, not gavarn.

anyway, it's not a bad site.
You are correct. I thought you may have been identity hopping. If I am incorrect, I apologize, and stand corrected.

Dave Crouch, DC

donald

Black Belt
Reaction score
Is the stuff about this Hassan fella true? Did he train with Mr.Mitose? Did he receive the "family crest" etc.? Would'nt Mr.Mitose the younger know this stuff? Dude seems to have an awful lot of credentials...

By His Grace,
1st John 1:9

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hassan, Terry lee, the last student-sure he helped put mitose away

Most of the creditiantians come from William Durbin, search around, there is no need for my opinion

KenpoDave

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
donald said:
Is the stuff about this Hassan fella true? Did he train with Mr.Mitose? Did he receive the "family crest" etc.? Would'nt Mr.Mitose the younger know this stuff? Dude seems to have an awful lot of credentials...

By His Grace,
1st John 1:9

There were a couple of glaring omissions on his bio. Unless he "received the crest" before he killed Mr. Namamatsu and struck a deal to testify against Mitose, then it is doubtful that he obtained it at all.

The 5 that were promoted by Mitose in prison were given instructions on what to teach Thomas. Thomas was taught and then made his own choices as to how to proceed forward with what he knows.

OP
G

gavarn

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Mr. Durbin is someone that came to Hassan and wanted to research Mitose and his system . any accolades given to Hassan where given by various organizations and not Mr. Durbin, as I stated he is a historian and has done research on the system. Yes Hassan did train with Mitose for over a year and opened a Dojo with him in cali in 1974 i believe it was in Venice Ca. as for the court case, I am not Hassan and it is not my place to speak on that subject. This site is here to share our system of Kempo and not to discuss the lives of the people that instruct it. This is Hassan's system's site but not a personal site of his.

The Kai said:
Hassan, Terry lee, the last student-sure he helped put mitose away

Most of the creditiantians come from William Durbin, search around, there is no need for my opinion

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
gavarn said:
Mr. Durbin is someone that came to Hassan and wanted to research Mitose and his system . any accolades given to Hassan where given by various organizations and not Mr. Durbin, as I stated he is a historian and has done research on the system. Yes Hassan did train with Mitose for over a year and opened a Dojo with him in cali in 1974 i believe it was in Venice Ca. as for the court case, I am not Hassan and it is not my place to speak on that subject. This site is here to share our system of Kempo and not to discuss the lives of the people that instruct it. This is Hassan's system's site but not a personal site of his.

I hate to be a nit picker, but it was between January and April 3 of 1974 that they studied together, as can be seen in this post by John Bishop:

http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showpost.php?p=363473&postcount=77

and if his word is not good enough, how about Nimr Hassan / Terry Lee's words in sworn testimony:

http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showpost.php?p=365225&postcount=105

When the art revolves around a single personality, and the origins of the art are purposely obfuscated, I feel details like this are in fact relevant.

Matt

Latest Discussions