Knife Defense Clip Part 2

samurai69

Blue Belt
Reaction score
This is a much better clip a lot more of the knife arm being locked

and clives remarks at the end are good valied points regarding the you push me i push you that seems to kick off so many altercations

Garth Barnard

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Yet another thought (and discussion) provoking clip from Clive. It really does go to show how difficult it is to control, command and defend from a knife weilding aggressor who is intent on killing you with an edged weapon.

It ain't pretty to watch, but it gets the message across. It doesn't matter how good your knife defence is, you've got to accept that you're going to get hurt, employ the winning mindset with a tactical approach and you should live to see another day.

Clive's training/pressure testing will hopefully show those who are participating where their weaknesses lie, after all, that's what pressure tests are for, to educate and install the combative mindset required to win. There are no prizes for second place in a street fight.

Excellent stuff.

samurai69

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Yet another thought (and discussion) provoking clip from Clive. It really does go to show how difficult it is to control, command and defend from a knife weilding aggressor who is intent on killing you with an edged weapon.

It ain't pretty to watch, but it gets the message across. It doesn't matter how good your knife defence is, you've got to accept that you're going to get hurt, employ the winning mindset with a tactical approach and you should live to see another day.

Clive's training/pressure testing will hopefully show those who are participating where their weaknesses lie, after all, that's what pressure tests are for, to educate and install the combative mindset required to win. There are no prizes for second place in a street fight.

Excellent stuff.

I do notice theres a lack of forward drive coming from clives students in training......whereas when i have seen clips of clive it seems to be present

I do like the fact that its high pressure tested...........animal days:)