KM schools in London...

Mastodon

White Belt
Reaction score
With so many to choose from I really don't know where to start! They all seem to have over-priced starter packs that include uniforms you really don't need and the class sizes seem WAY too big! I have found a couple of places that seem well priced and smaller and was wandering if anyone knows of them - http://www.kravmaga.talktalk.net/home.html
http://www.urban-kravmaga.co.uk/index.htm

Also if you can recommend any, it would be much appreciated (in central/west london)

Thanks!

M.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will ask around.

Remi Lessore

White Belt
Reaction score
We are a small group who train together in Norwood, SE London. No frills or expensive rackets - just realistic training. Classes cost £20 for four or £30 for eight. We are affiliated to the Federatio Europeen de Krav Maga http://www.krav-maga.net/uk/ ased in France and our technical director is Gilles Hassine http://www.strasbourg-kravmaga.com/ Here are some of his demos:

kior

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I'd advise going along and observing a few classes from each and speaking to the instructors and the students. I'd also advise doing some serious internet research on the various organisations each are affiliated with, the histories behind them and how rigorous the instructor training for each is as there is a lot of variation out there and lots of people are trying to cash in on the recent popularity KM has got. For instance Commando Krav Maga as taught at the 'urban krav maga' link below is a very different style indeed from what you'd learn at an IKMF affiliated club like the 'krav maga london' group.

I study krav maga here

The lessons aren't cheap but the instructors are very professional and I've been extremely pleased with it for the 6 months or so that I've been attending.

Jay1984

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I was just wondering if anybody has heard of this place and whether its any good or not?

http://www.kravmaga-eastlondon.com/

It looks really good on the site but I thought maybe someone on this forum might have been there?

Thanks.

kior

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Jay they look like a hybrid of lots of different styles, more ckm than km. There's a thread over about it on the krav maga worldwide forum. I would steer clear.

chav buster

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I'd advise going along and observing a few classes from each and speaking to the instructors and the students. I'd also advise doing some serious internet research on the various organisations each are affiliated with, the histories behind them and how rigorous the instructor training for each is as there is a lot of variation out there and lots of people are trying to cash in on the recent popularity KM has got. For instance Commando Krav Maga as taught at the 'urban krav maga' link below is a very different style indeed from what you'd learn at an IKMF affiliated club like the 'krav maga london' group.

I study krav maga here

The lessons aren't cheap but the instructors are very professional and I've been extremely pleased with it for the 6 months or so that I've been attending.

urban krav maga and commando krav maga are 2 seperate systems urban krav magas founder is Stewart McGill, Senior Instructor with the British Combat Association and Urban Krav Maga, Previously a 3rd Dan in Goju Ryu karate and civilian/Law Enforcement instructor with 2 separate Krav Maga organisations. i dont know alot oabout commando krav maga except the found is a bit dodgy when it comes to some of his claims.

kior

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Yes they are different, but the techniques look similar in some regards from what I've seen.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As this is a two year old thread I assume the OP found a club to his liking.

kravmagabeginner

White Belt
Reaction score
So you'd want to travel to a different country for training? Surely there is something closer to home for you.
NO! This I of course have checked.
I want intensive course and there is none and instructour course demands many years training in the same club

I started KM recently again recently and see this opportunity as an intensive course

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I want intensive course and there is none and instructour course demands many years training in the same club

I started KM recently again recently and see this opportunity as an intensive course
What area do you live?

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Ah, okay. Pictures a bit clearer now.

So you're looking specifically into their 3-day intensive course because there aren't any like that in your country, and you want to know if that specifically is worth it before you fly/drive down for a weekend to take part? Or are you looking to go down for the week-long instructor course as a beginner in Krav Maga, and are asking about that?

Latest Discussions