Keychain attachments

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Zoran said:
I just took a quick pic of the one I've had for 12 years. I'll have better pics once I get the new ones.
Very interesting...I'd most likely buy one if they weren't too expensive...

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
kenpotex said:
When it comes to these types of weapons, I prefer the Travel-Wrench designed by Kelly Worden. I feel that it's more versatile than a regular kubaton although I carry one of those on occasion. Then there's always the Stinger from James Keating (think plastic push-dagger...nasty).

Like some of you have said, you can't go wrong with a flashlight. If you have to be really covert, the big "super-sharpie" markers work well also.

I love Keating's Stinger. I have a few and they are great. They don't necessarily look like a weapon, but they are really effective. Plus now you can get them with the built in flashlight to legitimitize them even more. They are small enough to fit in pocket and a friend of mine even got one on a plane by explaining that is was a pressure point massage tool for his physical therapy business.

I also like using carbiners on my keys, they are small enough and can be used as a swing handle and as a fistload, not to mention they don't need any explanation about legitimacy.

All the rest of the stuff I have seen, mostly kubutons and spiked versons, beg for trouble if you are arrested or stopped by security. They mark you as a possible threat and sometimes instantly put a bias on peoples opinions of you.

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
striker said:
We train a little bit with Kubotans over here in Australia,Great for applying more force to joint locks,Very useful but highly illegal!!
Highly illegal? Are you serious?

I carry a "sharpie" pen (black felt marker). If you hold it close, you can have nearly the effectiveness of the ones that LOOK like weapons.

I seriously can't believe how disarmed some governments want their civilians to be!

Simon Curran

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I can definately see advantages to something such as the travel wrench thingy, but I have hands like shovels, so maybe they should sell different sizes...

Simon Curran

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Thinking about it though, I think the best legal to carry anywhere weapon is my size 13 safety boots... (altough they sometimes set off metal detectors)

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
For self-defense it's wise to learn how to make ANYTHING into a weapon. A pen can be useful as a stabbing instrument and a mini kubaton for example and hopefully they're not illegal... yet. Anything within reach and applied to a pressure point would be sufficent. Just enough to get away from the guy or to detract him while other methods of inflicting pain can be used.

Adept

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Whenever this topic comes up, I'm reminded of the scene in The Bourne Identity where Matt Damon uses a pen to great effect on his opponent. A good example of an improvised weapon.

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
SIMONCURRAN said:
I can definately see advantages to something such as the travel wrench thingy, but I have hands like shovels, so maybe they should sell different sizes...
They do (even if they don't list both on the site).

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, There was a another thing I remember seeing but not sure who makes them?

It was a giant Key (not sure metal or plastic) to act as a part of the key chain. Design to be use like a Kubaton. Legal to carry.

Maybe someone knows who and where to get them? Looks neat and makes a great weapon! Please us know where to order and cost too? ............Aloha

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
still learning said:
Hello, There was a another thing I remember seeing but not sure who makes them?

It was a giant Key (not sure metal or plastic) to act as a part of the key chain. Design to be use like a Kubaton. Legal to carry.

Maybe someone knows who and where to get them? Looks neat and makes a great weapon! Please us know where to order and cost too? ............Aloha
It's called the Pro-Tek Key and it's made of metal and it does look like a big locker key..Do a Google search for Pro-Tek and you'll find all the information, sorry I'm at work and don't have it on me..There is a complete DVD program that can be purchased with it..Master Materkowsi and Master Parr of Colorado were the brain children behind it..

DeLamar.J

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
dscott said:
http://www.centuryfitness.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10051&storeId=10051&categoryId=13663&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=13661&crumb=13501-13524

What are you're opinions on these types of weapons for self defense. They are illegal in some states (including mine) but is it worth carrying around for the risk of getting caught with it. I, myself, don't carry one but have friends that have them (not the pointed ones though).

Also what are the laws in other countries when it comes to these types of weapons? I have a friend that is travelling overseas for a few months and would like to be able to carry something that would be considered a dangerous weapon (knife, baton, etc.).
Cool stuff, although your going to go to jail if you use it, or there better be alot of witnesses in your defence.

Latest Discussions