Kenpo Videos

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Look for DVD's and CD's out that have a lot more detail in them than some current videos. Also there will be some audio training tapes that many will find useful.

:asian:

OP
W

WilliamTLear

Larry Tatum has a very good series of videos out. Probably the best on the market. While I am not a student of Mr. Tatum's, I feel these tapes (out on DVD) are worth it if you want them. Vidoes are for home study, not self education.

Billy Lear

OP
W

WilliamTLear

I don't think that's what Mr. Miyagi had in mind when he said "Wax on, wax off".

:flushed:

You're sick man,
Billy Lear

OP
R

Rob_Broad

You children play nice or you won't be able to play together anymore.:iws:

OP
W

WilliamTLear

You know that Gou peed in that beer you're drinkin' right?

:cheers:

Ha ha ha,
Billy

OP
N

Nate_Hoopes

This post is sinking ever so farther downhill by the second... :iws:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Personally, videos with sound. I've seen some that had a student doing the movements, with someone off screen directing the action, with the same movment shown from several angles. Those I liked. They made it very clear what you were doing, and how.

Worse are the ones where you just watch someone go thru the motions, 1 angle, no sound at all. Very hard to follow.

Again, as was mentioned earlier, make certain you have good lighting, and proper contrast between uniforms and backgrounds.

OP
M

marshallbd

So I have seen a Steve Spry Yellow Belt video of the techniques and thought it was well done. I have seen the IKCA sample video and was not and still am not sure what I think of that one and I have seen John Pelligrini's combat hapkido tapes...The Spry tape seemed to be the nicest one for understanding of the techniques. But all of this is from the begginners standpoint...If any senior people have seen them, which are the better tapes? Or name any others out there that might be better....Mr Tatum's?

OP
C

Chicago Green Dragon

I have had a chance to view various different videos from numerous individuals.
For me the best ones I liked was Mr Tatums and the videos from Mr Sullivan & Mr LeRoux. I found them very interesting and also very informative.
There are a lot of other videos put out by lots of other very well qualified people but for me I took to these video sets.

Chicago Green Dragon

Latest Discussions