Kenpo against Joe hard Nut!

P

pineapple head

What about Joe??
The guy that loves to fight , he has won many in his time....
He is fast and brutal , he will strike like lightning , he has basic skills but they work.
Would you be able to block his roundhouse? This is not pretend class stuff! He wants to hurt you bad.
Question is....do you strike earlier than usual?you know this guy wants you! As soon as he approaches do you 'Take him out'?
What would you use as your first strike?
Have fun.

OP
H

headkick

Originally posted by pineapple head

What about Joe??
The guy that loves to fight , he has won many in his time....
He is fast and brutal , he will strike like lightning , he has basic skills but they work.
Would you be able to block his roundhouse? This is not pretend class stuff! He wants to hurt you bad.
Question is....do you strike earlier than usual?you know this guy wants you! As soon as he approaches do you 'Take him out'?
What would you use as your first strike?
Have fun.

I personally would strike first with a leg kick. Drive my shin through his thigh on the diagonal to his back foot. Same step in is bringing a roundhouse punch of my own. That will really discourage him from moving around much. It's hard generate any power or speed with only one leg. That is a devastating strike. If you've never practiced it, get a kicking shield and practice. It should sting pretty badly through the shield. Then, of course, practice blocking it.;)

OP
N

Nate_Hoopes

2 words....

Nut SHOT... forget the leg this is the street and hes attacking me, leg kick, heck adrenaline is flowing pretty well, and if youre off a bit it dosent work 100% with a groin shot it hurts just as long as you make some contact, and with a super solid groin shot they lose the use of BOTH their legs usually, and even if you miss ive never seen a guy not drop both his arms and almost fall over anyways just trying to kick there. plus its lot harder to stop a quick snap kick that it is to stop a power roundhouse to the leg.

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Nate_Hoopes

2 words....

Nut SHOT...

Probably will not work as an initial attack against a street fighter. You might have a better chance of getting a kick to the os pubis, but not without some sort of pre-softening technique.

In actual fact, it is probably very difficult, if not impossible, to predict what you would do as an initial shot/kick/whatever.

Dan

Latest Discussions