Kempo VS Aikido :mad:

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The question doesn't make a lot of sense. Are you comparing the arts? Why under the Karate forum? Trying to hide from both the Kempo and Aikido people? Maybe you're not but that's how it appears to me. Threads like this usually starts a lot of unnecessary heated competition.

I've never seen Kempo before and I actually am in the LONG process of learning Aikido. I love Aikido! For me it's the perfect art for me to learn (or try to learn;) ). However, if you enjoy Kempo, I'm glad that you enjoy it and take pride in it. :)

Robyn :asian:

S

sweeper

my understanding of the two arts is they are somewhat dissimular, seems like it would be hard to compare.. but than again I don't practice either :p

OP
K

Kempo_Dude

White Belt
Reaction score
Nah,, i dont mean it by that. im saying is that which one is better, which one will lose. or who you will vote for. im not Trying to say which ones better!

OP
K

Kempo_Dude

White Belt
Reaction score
Cool.. I heard of Shorinji kempo. i seen it it was cool, but You'll get tired of doing kempo. by carrying people to go upside down something like that. well i only know Judo thats the only one i know.

OP
K

Kempo_Dude

White Belt
Reaction score
Cool. i only know Judo. Shorinji kempo is a hard karate. you have to carry them to go upside down. I dont want to get Injuries.
But cool! ;)

Aikikitty

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kempo_Dude

Nah,, i dont mean it by that. im saying is that which one is better, which one will lose. or who you will vote for. im not Trying to say which ones better!

So you're saying "which one is better?" and then you're saying, "I'm not trying to say which ones better!" :confused:

It's hard to say (maybe impossible) which art is better or to compare them because they are different and focus on different things. As I've said before, I've never SEEN Kempo but I've heard a little bit about it. From what I've heard, it sounds like an all-around-good art containing the best techniques from many different arts (including Aikido!). If a Kempo person and an Aikido person fought, the winner only depends on how good the person is, I would think. A black belt Kempo person would easily defeat a white belt (5th kyu) Aikido person. A black belt Aikido person would defeat a white belt Kempo person. ;)

Why are you only comparing Kempo with Aikido? Do you not like Aikido for some reason? :confused:

Robyn :wavey: :boing1: :angel: :ninja:

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kempo_Dude

Actually, that is what you're trying to say...you contradict yourself in that very response!

Asinine questions like this is what makes me hate RMA so much, and why I signed on to this board. That type of question is a mere half-step away from 'my style is better than your style'.

Cthulhu
...grumpy

Judo_Kid

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I dont know what you mean. are you telling me your Kempo karate is better than Aikido?

thats my understandable.

:EG:

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Judo_Kid,

How old are you?

What is your native tongue?
Menang what language do you speak most often?

The reason I ask these two questions, is that
you seem to type out contradictory statments
and to miss the point of other points.

Not only here but elsewhere.

The answer to these two questions will allow
me nad most likely other the chance to better
understand your point of view and your
understanding of the English Language.

Have a nice day and train hard!

Rich

:cool:

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by The Opal Dragon

Hey Rich,

You typed Judo_Kid but you're asking Kempo_Dude right?

Robyn:asian:

Robyn, :asian:

Doumo Arigato Gozaimashita for pointing out my
mistake.

Gomennasai Judo_Kid and thank you for posting
your answer.

Yes, I did mean Kempo_Dude.

Rich

T

theneuhauser

looks like kempo_dude is from Czech republic
aloha from the US bud

but i am actually curious about you judo_kid
do you speak any languages other than english?
your posts can be pretty interesting-no insult intended, but i noticed that you are from alaska

everyone should speak openly, though i respect this forum because its contributors are intelligent enough not to keep discussion civil and productive.and im happy to be a part of it.
geez, that was corny!:idunno:

Judo_Kid

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I Speak any Language. Alaskan English and I speak Czech. Different Type of Czech. But this forum is confusing.

Ok, Kmepo_Dude. likes kempo He'll vote Kempo better than Aikido. Ok, Cause I didn't read well, so thats why i couldn't understand the words what im looknig at. cause i didn't Read well.

Judo_Kid

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Kempo_Dude
Soo Im a little confuse on your Forum that you did.
Kempo VS Aikido. i cant speak Czech very well. i know half of it, I cant speak the whole thing.

I Made a mistake on my 1st Post. My eyes we're Red. Sorry about that. now I know your Thread. ignore my first Post. But this Thread is a little Weird.

T

theneuhauser

But this forum is confusing.

ah yes, confusion
i also experienced confusion when i began with martial talk
i believe that i have progressed to the second stage, martial yak-posting for numbers, i believe that this post is a perfect example

Latest Discussions