Kempo being sold as Shaolin Kung Fu/Temple Kung Fu Exposed

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I believe that is so, but that doesn't change the fact that there are many, many, schools using the name shoalin to lend some sort of legitimacy to the name and thus get students. You may have more faith in people than I do, but I've seen it many a time. I'm not saying your school is one of them, I'm simply saying this does exist.

7sm

Black Tiger Fist

Green Belt
Reaction score
7starmantis said:
I believe that is so, but that doesn't change the fact that there are many, many, schools using the name shoalin to lend some sort of legitimacy to the name and thus get students. You may have more faith in people than I do, but I've seen it many a time. I'm not saying your school is one of them, I'm simply saying this does exist.

7sm
Ohh yeah, it does exist ,i'm not denying that. I was only pointing out why so many styles tend to have a shaolin connection ,when they weren't created there.

But there are many that have no ties to shaolin at all ,that also try to gain off the name.

jeff:)

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
In addition to the Castros, "Shaolin Kempo" was also a name used by Villari when he left Nick Cerio. I don't believe he was trying to deceive anyone into thinking it was chinese kung-fu!

Now in 2004 it is a widely known style of Kempo that traces it's roots back to Kajukenbo. I thoguht that was common knowledge haha I guess I'm just biased.

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Black Tiger Fist said:
Ohh yeah, it does exist ,i'm not denying that. I was only pointing out why so many styles tend to have a shaolin connection ,when they weren't created there.

But there are many that have no ties to shaolin at all ,that also try to gain off the name.

jeff:)
True. Hey we agree! :)

7sm

Latest Discussions