Karate Sucks

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
still learning said:
Hello, Each of you will have different experiences in Karate.

Not all Karate is the same.

1)Your Sensi will make all the difference in the world, just like sport coachs, better the coach, the better you will be.

2) Karate Schools are a business first. Some teach because they believe in there training and love to share it, and some for the "Money". Too bad money is needed to have a space for training, and most Sensi need to eat too?

Will the above article makes us realize there is some truth to it? Sad know?....Aloha

1) Really? I have seen students that have excellent teachers and still suck.

2) A huge over generalizations. Many schools are not run for business purposes….mine isn’t and I know of many others. MOST karate schools that I have seen barely turn a profit. Most sensei that I have met already have a “real” job. I think only people that love the art would waste all that time and money on a dojo. Bottom line....most dojo make just enough to pay rent....few make enough to live off of.

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
RRouuselot said:
1) Really? I have seen students that have excellent teachers and still suck.

2) A huge over generalizations. Many schools are not run for business purposes….mine isn’t and I know of many others. MOST karate schools that I have seen barely turn a profit. Most sensei that I have met already have a “real” job. I think only people that love the art would waste all that time and money on a dojo. Bottom line....most dojo make just enough to pay rent....few make enough to live off of.
I agree. And it would seem the larger or more profitable the school, the less personal it is.

thepanjr

Green Belt
Reaction score
wow that had a good turning point like what he just changed the feelings in that essay

TonyU

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Gene Williams said:
Good article. It doesn't say all karate sucks. It says there are a lot of con men out there.
Now you've done it Gene. You gave away the plot.

Latest Discussions