Kang Duk Won

C

Cliarlaoch

Hey all,

Has anybody heard of American Kang Duk Won and/or Kang Duk Won in general, and can anybody tell me what the difference is between Kang Duk Won in particular (I know it's Korean, as opposed to American) and traditional or other styles of TKD (this may fit more in the TKD section, but it's not exclusively a TKD issue)? Also, if anyone has any ideas as to what would be a good style (in their humble opinion :p) to add on to a base of TKD?

I'd like to branch out, is all, and to figure out a few things.

Any info'd be good.

Thanks

PS: Quicksand, yes, I know this may sound like an odd question for me to ask, but I'd like to see if anyone who's been around or tried KDW or AKDW can tell me their opinions on the general style... if not, meh, nobody's loss but mine.

OP
Q

Quick Sand

Hey, I think it's a great question. I've been wondering similar things myself. :)

OP
D

Disco

To add to TKD, I would suggest Hapkido. There are some TKD styles that infuse Hapkido into their self defense training. To my understanding, the sport schools don't avail themselves of this opportunity and most of the TKD schools fall under the sport heading.

OP
M

MartialArtist

Originally posted by Disco
To add to TKD, I would suggest Hapkido. There are some TKD styles that infuse Hapkido into their self defense training. To my understanding, the sport schools don't avail themselves of this opportunity and most of the TKD schools fall under the sport heading.
combat schools incorporate TKD, hapkido, and yudo into one system.

Latest Discussions