Kakute

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
I recently read a little bit about the Kakute. I was curious if anyone here had any or employed them in their training. I also had a few questions about how it is used.

On which fingers are they typically placed? How many fingers?

Which direction are the points aimed? Facing out, so you could strike with them, or facing in so you could grapple/rake with them?

How many edged do they typically have? I've seen both one and two.

Anyone have historical information on how they were used? They seem very small and easily concealed. something you could stick in your pocket or walk around normally on your finger in dangerous places...

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I recently read a little bit about the Kakute. I was curious if anyone here had any or employed them in their training. I also had a few questions about how it is used.

On which fingers are they typically placed? How many fingers?

Which direction are the points aimed? Facing out, so you could strike with them, or facing in so you could grapple/rake with them?

How many edged do they typically have? I've seen both one and two.

Anyone have historical information on how they were used? They seem very small and easily concealed. something you could stick in your pocket or walk around normally on your finger in dangerous places...

I know someone who makes them. But I don't anything about them really.

OP
mrhnau

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
One more thought.. if used in striking, could it not potentially break finger bones upon impact?

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just some stuff from memory. I don't remember where I got it or how accurate it is.

I can't remember seeing it used with the edges out. I have not seen much, so that is not saying much.

When I have seen it, the edge in inside and it looks like a normal ring until it is too late. The effects of slapping with it can be imagined. Slap and grab and pull into the next attack with another limb. I can't remember what finger, but it seems like the middle or ring finger is normal. That is what I do normally, can't remember being corrected on it.

Wish I could be of more help.