Just Wow

OzPaul

Green Belt
Reaction score
An oldie but a goodie as they say, MJM trains in this lineage and will surely be able to answer any questions you have

Snowy

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey its my sigung Jim Fung! :D

yeah that lineage in particular is doing things to the extreme internally, resulting in amazing force generation.

Its a shame I never got to meet Sifu Jim Fung personally but I have the honor to train under his best students.

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes that is my late Sifu Jim Fung and his master Sigung Tsui.

I will explain the techniques a bit further in case anyone is interested.
These are in the order they appeared in the clip.

First one was a Thrust kick and Garn Sau a (split level deflection that protects the whole upper body from groin to head ) versus the attackers round house kick.

Next one he was being grabbed by the wrist (opposite side arm grab) and pulled in , he moved in with an elbow strike to the sternum using the momentum generated by the attackers force .
The trick with that one is to keep your arm in the proper angle and resist slightly at first so that the attacker pulls even harder.

After that was a latch and Biu Sze elbow strike versus a push or punch , basically just grabbing onto their wrist and pulling them off balance with your pivot.
As they get dragged in by your latch and pivot you hit them with an elbow strike in the neck.
Familiarity with Biu Sze pivoting and elbow strikes is needed for this one.

Next was the double Tan Sau to double Bong Sau movement from the last section of Chum Kiu demonstrating how if your arms are trapped on the inside of his arms it can be used to repel the opponent off of you.
The power is generated by the revolving force of simply turning from Tan to Bong in tandem with careful coordination of moving your body mass forward as developed by Chum Kiu.

This was followed by the One Inch Punch , no explanation needed there , everybody probably would have seen one of those before.

Last was Sigung Tsui , he was standing one legged on a set of bathroom scales whilst a guy was attempting to push him over.
As the guy pushes on him , Sigung's weight as indicated by the scales starts to increase.

If you notice closely Sigung's arms , you will see he maintains the angle in his arms and they are roughly in the configuration of two Tan Sau's even though he is palm to palm with the opponent.
So in effect what he is doing , is absorbing the opponents force down through a pair of Tan Sau's , down into his stance and into the floor.
The harder the opponent pushes Sigung , the more the force is transfered through his body and the heavier he gets.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mook Jong Man, just curious, are there any videos of you up anywhere? I'd be interested in seeing them :)

OP
StormShadow

StormShadow

Blue Belt
Reaction score
thanks mook jong man.. great explanations.

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score