Julie Kedzie vs. Gina Carano

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Julie got rocked by that overhand right in the second round. Nice fight all in all.

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Julie did get pretty banged up in that match. Gina had some great ground defense IMO.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah, Julie did get pretty banged up in that match. Gina had some great ground defense IMO.

Yea I was amazed considering her background in Muay Tai, her ground defense was pretty good for this fight. Or maybe Julie ground attack was not that good.

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea I was amazed considering her background in Muay Tai, her ground defense was pretty good for this fight. Or maybe Julie ground attack was not that good.

I don't know what Ginas background is as far as the ground goes, but she reminded me of Chuck Liddell, whereas rather than stay and look for a submission, she was more Ground-n-pound...and get back up to her feet where she was able to work her strong points. :)

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
a good match a being given. some strong techniques at times and some strong punches

MeatWad2

Green Belt
Reaction score
It seemed to me that Gina Carano was too strong for Julie Kedzie. It was a good fight and now that Julie is fighting with Greg Jackson's camp, she will learn a lot. A rematch is inevitable between the two...and I think that Julie Kedzie could take it the next time around. Greg Jackson has a solid camp...