Joe Lansdale @ Kenpo-Texas.com

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Or Michael Billings' Kenpo Karate.

Yes, I am excited, I got Prof. Lansdale to do a seminar for me on October 25, 2003. Very nominal rates as he will be in Austin anyway for the premier of his new movie opening here.

For details and info click below:

Kenpo-Texas / Joe Lansdale Seminar

Space is limited, so contact me early if interested. We are working pressure points and balance disruption.

I did a seminar with him last weekend and got to meet Mike Casto (aka pesilat). It was a great group of guys with a lot of information and knowledge to share. I am glad they are throwing some my way.

-MB

OP
Michael Billings

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
he won't allow you to ask about Bubba Ho-Tep or anything else. The man is a fonte of knowledge and you will be lucky to have time for questions outside of Shen Chuan.

He will be at the premier and answering questions and signing books Friday and Saturday nights.

-MB

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I posted some notes on another thread. I may post some more notes here later. But go here for videos etc, I may not have the vocabulary to review this seminar properly.

We did balance disruptions and pressure points and Mr. Lansdale manhandled much larger attackers and knocked guys out. His system is very effective. Buy his tapes and see. Browse his site. I bought his balance disruption tape and lots of the very same stuff we did in the seminar is on that tape. Great stuff. Here is Mr. Lansdale's website
http://www.joerlansdale.com/shenchuan/index.html

Thanks to Mr. Billings for hosting this.
:asian:

ikenpo

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by cdhall
Thanks to Mr. Billings for hosting this.
:asian:

Well Doug,

You deserve some thanks as well for presenting the idea to Mr. Billings and Mr. Landsdale, since Mr. Landsdales movie was opening that same weekend in Austin, TX. I destinctly remember you emailing me the Bubba Hotep link and us talking while I was at work, when I mentioned to you that Joe Landsdale was Mike Casto's instructor and then the wheels began to turn. You made the initial suggestion and knowing you, I'm sure you offered to help in anyway. So give yourself some credit as well....if not, I will...

jb:asian:

Latest Discussions